SWTOR beta testing resumes this weekend

Tuesday, 4th October 2011 21:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Bioware has announced that beta testing will start again this weekend on October 6 and run until October 10 for Star Wars: The Old Republic. The firm is increasing the invite numbers from the first weekend, meaning more of you will get to play. Invites are being sent as we speak, and if you are shunned this weekend by the firm, don’t fret – more testing weekends will occur the game launches in December. If for some reason you miss the mail or are just unsure if you have been invited or not, log in to the official SWTOR website’s tester page. If you have been invited, the client will be available to download. Thanks, Mike.

1. Talkar

Still no invite for me. Been waiting since nov ’08 xD

2. viralshag

Same here, still waiting mofos. Show me some love EA / Bioware, let’s not keep it as one was as it has been…

I DEFENDED YOU ALL THIS TIME! ;)

3. GrimRita

Its a shame that my friend at LucasArts was laid off, otherwise I could have requested some invites – even for you two and especially Viral :)

There isnt long to go now until this is released but I hope and pray that the postal service doesnt let people down and that it doesnt snow!

4. viralshag

Should have bought it on Origin :P haha

5. GrimRita

You know what. I read on the SWTWoW forums that you wont need Origin to play(but need to download it to get early access) and, that to download the patches, you wont need Origin either – but the Bioware ‘patcher’ whatever that is. It seems very odd to me.

When I get home, I will see if I dig up the thread. And just for that response Viral, Im going hunt you down on your server and kill you… TWICE! :-p

6. viralshag

I sense much fear in you…

/SW nerd-out ftw!

7. Phoenixblight

Thats correct its doesn’t need Origin to install. Bioware has already stated as much.

8. GrimRita

@7 we know that. But I was fearful it would be required to download patches. Thankfully, by the sounds of it, the game will have its own downloader