Forza 4 demo goes live on Marketplace

Monday, 3rd October 2011 11:53 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Microsoft’s launched the Forza Motorsport 4 demo onto Xbox Live Marketplace ahead of its full release next week. The demo comes in at 1.27Gb, and features only a Quick Race option. Cars available to drive on the Bernese Alps include 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator, Kia cee’d, 2011 Subaru WRX STI and 2011 Ferrari 599 GTO.

It’s currently Gold exclusive, so Silver members are out of luck for a week. Get it from the console Marketplace now, or from the online Marketplace here. The full Turn 10-made racer is out next week

1. Hcw87

This will be the ultimate driving game this generation when it launches, it beats everything i’ve played in the past. Graphics are insane aswell.

2. Moonwalker1982

It looks great, but does it really look that much better than Forza 3? I recently played it, and that one is pretty damn near photo-realistic already.

3. Hcw87

It does indeed, the car models are alot better, and the scenery has improved even more. Best looking driving game by far.

Even more so than Hot Pursuit.

4. LANKY

I found the in game visual’s in Forza 3 to be ok at best.

Realy looking forward to Forza 4, bring it on (just hope the MP isnt the same as Forza 3, i preferred Forza 2 MP)

5. elisio

Pretty good demo i must say.
    Multiple permutations of the Bernese Alps track, 5 cars to try. The game looks good but i doesn’t look that much better than FM 3, at least not in the demo. Maybe i need to see both games side by side.
    Noticed the inclusion of a harder difficulty setting for AI, and some changes in the handling that had me on my toes as i approached each turn. And the new interior view is great.
    Now i’ll wait for the reviews.

6. xxJPRACERxx

From playing the demo Forza 4 is better than F3, especially with the new option for no steering assist. The braking feel is also much better when playing with ABS turned off.

GFX is better but there’s lots of jaggies. Contrast is still a big problem. I don’t know why T10 want to create such a high contrast picture. Dan Greenwalt even said it in an interview that they wanted to create such high contrast. For me this is completly unrealistic and is the #1 problem I have with the gfx. Cockpit view is better than F3 but I prefer GT 5 cockpits. Also when in cockpit view in GT 5 if you look back you’re still viewing from in car and not from rear bumper.

Sound is better and the new realtime DSP effects are nice but the DSP effects in GT 5 are better, especially the doppler effect and the reflection of sounds on hard surfaces.

Overall, for me GT 5 is still better, both from a point of driving experience and GFX. The sound is a tie, with Forza having better samples but GT 5 better DSP effects.

But for me both Forza and GT 5 are more about collecting cars than a true racing sim, that’s why iRacing is still #1 for me.

7. HauntaVirus

Diggin the demo, I’ll keep my pre-order locked in.

8. majicship

Great demo. The handling is much better as are the views. I really like the in-car cockpit view. They have done a great job of that. Sound is supurb as is the overall ‘feel’ of the handling. I thought I’d never buy another FM after 3, but this is now on my Xmas list!

9. Fin

Really liked the demo – nice having a totally customisable difficulty (though I hope this results in increased experience rewards in the career).
    The sense of speed is great, as is the handling model – feels like its been freed up a little, so it’s got more character, easier to drift, less pure simulation. Great!

Like the way there’s zero delay when rewinding too, that’s awesome (though again, hope there’s an experience penalty/boost based on how often or little you use it).