Mon, Oct 03, 2011 | 16:35 BST
EU News Wrap, October 3 – What happened today
Sorry, my Prada’s at the cleaners along with my hoodie and my fuck-you flip-flops, you pretentious douchebag… You better lawyer-up, asshole, ‘cause I’m not comin’ back for 30 percent, I’m comin’ back for everything. – Eduardo Saverin, The Social Network.
I only watched The Social Network for the first time at the beginning of this year when it got its home release and, quite honestly, why I missed this first time round at the cinema baffles me after watching it. It’s safe to say it’s now one of my favorite movies ever.
While Jesse Eisenberg is just terrific as Facebook’s co-founder Mark Zuckerberg, it’s Andrew Garfield that stole it as Eduardo Saverin just for his final speaking part in the movie alone, part of which I’ve quoted above. Justin Timberlake – shock – actually gave a not too shabby performance of his own as Sean Parker, the paranoid and manipulative founder of Napster.
In fact, I’m writing this to Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross’s soundtrack, which in itself helped made the movie become oh so great. Just a terrific film all round. Please don’t make the mistake I did by missing out on it and go rent it at least tonight or sometime soon.
Anyways, game news wise, it’s been a bit quiet on the European front today. It should hopefully pick up tonight before Bren comes back from the public holIday Australia had today. Here’s what’s happened in the past nine hours:
- Rumour: South African retailer advertises “online multiplayer pass” for Mass Effect 3
This isn’t an issue of if it’s going to happen – or by the looks of it now, not when – it is happening.
- SCEE: Only on PSN for US, “majority of content” EU bound
PS2 games are coming to PSN! And other things too, but mainly the PS2 classics!
- Full Uncharted 3 multiplayer to go live for EU PS Plus subs on Wednesday
Pump levels for this are through the roof!
- UK charts: FIFA 12 becomes third biggest UK launch ever
Boom. Just behind the last two CoD releases, but ahead of GTA IV.
- Square Enix has “plan for the future” with Deus Ex, says Eidos Montreal
I’ve still to finish Human Revolution, but I approve of this either way!
- Sonic Generations Japanese release pushed up a week
Coming out here in the UK before hand by a good month nearly.
- Quick quotes: “It’s really difficult to be successful with a new IP,” says Suda51
As Shadows of the Damned proved, that seems to be the case.
- Video of new Xbox Dashboard leaks out
- Forza 4 demo goes live on Marketplace
Had a wee go on it earlier and it’s looking good.
- Assassin’s Creed: Desmond’s story to wrap up by December 2012, says Revelations creative boss
That sounds very on target. By the way, watch for an interview on ACR from EG Expo soon, hopefully tomorrow morning.
- Final Vita packaging shown, launch apps confirmed
Looks nice and all that, but where’s my date, SCEE?
And that is that. The rest of my day has consisted of working on an Assassin’s Creed: Revelations interview from Eurogamer Expo, which you’ll hopefully see on the site tomorrow morning. In the meantime, go catch up and then watch The Social Network. You owe it to yourself.
See you tomorrow.