Gearbox walks you through the Aliens: Colonial Marines gameplay demo

Saturday, 1st October 2011 13:48 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Gearbox has released a 10-minute video walkthrough of the Aliens: Colonial Marines demo it’s been showing at trade shows since it was formally re-announced at E3 this year. It’s narrated by studio head Randy Pitchford, and you can watch it below. Game’s out in 2012 for PC, PS3, Wii U, and Xbox 360. Thanks, sumb26.

1. Henry

Where’s the video?

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1? I put it in there and I see it. Lemme look and see if the code is messed up.

3. Maximum Payne

Look better then I thought it would be.

4. Gekidami

It looks pretty poor honestly, besides the lighting it actually looks less impressive than AvP. I’m also seeing no dismemberment or alien heads exploding when shot, two more things AvP seemingly did better.

5. LOLshock94

34rheib42uib 3gub54ry3bgiu1b5o5i

@4 yeah the game does need dismemberment but thats the only disappointing thing about that gameplay video, the rest is pure awesome i cannot wait for this game but the guy playing was completely shit at the game

6. endgame

“where did u learn to shoot man?” well he is using a gamepad..

7. Butcher8

The only thing that really impressed me were the power-loaders which better be playable or I’ll be fuming. Also the narrator was extremely cringeworthy, I seriously nearly muted the vid he was so cheesy. Despite all this I’ll prob still get this game as I’m a massive fan of the original Aliens and well nostalgia is a powerful thing!

8. endgame

dude Andy is the shit! don’t ever bad mouth him again! u have no right to.

9. Christopher Jack

@7, Randy, or as you may know him, the narrator, is the CEO and president of Gearbox Software, the team making this game & behind the poorly recieved DNF, the surprise hit, Borderlands, along with many high profile ports like Half Life & Halo.