Pre-order Arkham City from OnLive, get free Micro Console

Friday, 30th September 2011 08:56 GMT By Johnny Cullen

OnLive’s confirmed that anyone who pre-orders Batman: Arkham City with it will get a free Micro Console for the service. The game is at £39, but is available to pick up for £27 if you are subscribed to the PlayPack coverage. The console itself has an RRP of £70, but most people will have picked up a free console from EG Expo last week, let’s be honest. If the console doesn’t interest you, you can wish to receive another game for free when you do your pre-order.

More details here.

1. Kabby

“but most people will have picked up a free console from EG Expo last week, let’s be honest.”

Say what?

2. jnms

@1, Didn’t you know? Nearly the entire gaming public went to the EG Expo!!

3. viralshag

I didn’t get one :(

4. unclejibjab

i got one. i’ve powered it on a grand total of 4 times and twice been told that the service is ‘a little too busy’ and that i should try again later.

50% failure rate and counting.

5. Ireland Michael

@4 The service has a limited capacity. I usually wait for a minute and then I can get on just fine.

6. StolenGlory

Yep. That pretty much mirrors my experience too with the PC-based client at least.

Mind you, I wasn’t in early enough to grab a free console, so I got the voucher instead upon which I am still waiting for them to send out my console to me after they billed my account =/

7. unclejibjab

@5 does that mean that the more microconsoles out there the harder it’s going to get to connect?

I really want to like onlive, have been waiting for it to drop in the UK for a couple of years now so i’ll hang in there and hopefully my experience with it will improve.

8. russdude13

I got mine, ordered it on Sunday, but it still hasn’t arrived.