So the European news month comes to a close yet again. And what a month it has been.
For me, there was the bit of awesome that was doing Tokyo Game Show, albeit from home. That was a bit wicked. Plus, Zone of the Enders Collection on Vita = YES! So TGS wasn’t too bad.
But the main highlight of my month – and my year, full stop – was doing Eurogamer Expo last week. It’s something I’ve touched upon earlier this week, and I’m going to write up some more personal experiences about that on my personal blog tonight. So I’ll link to that in the Wrap on Monday.
That said, you need news. I can keep talking about Eurogamer until the fucking cows come home, but I need to round you up on the European shift. That, and there’s a fuckton of games for me waiting to be played this weekend. So here you go. And if anyone is curious, I didn’t sleep in this morning. WIN:
- Featured Story 1: Uncharted 3: Lemarchand, North go deep on storytelling
I really can not say enough great things about doing this interview at Eurogamer Expo last week. Richard Lemarchand and Nolan North were literally a sincere and genuine pleasure and honour to interview last week. Great answers and so enthusiastic about the work they do, especially North, who works on the game at 14 months at a time on his part. Read the interview and you’ll know what I mean. Thank you chaps, the pleasure was all mine.
- Featured Story 2: Reed: Why Dark Souls is the hardest game I’ve ever played
Ex-Eurogamer editor Kristan Reed takes a look at why the From RPG is the hardest thing ever. And he may have a point from the small bit of the game I’ve played so far.
- Pre-order Arkham City from OnLive, get free Micro Console
Nice enough except the flipping thing doesn’t come with wireless for wi-fi connections. Sad face.
- Ancel: Beyond Good and Evil 2 going next-gen due to scope “limitations”
There’s your reason why you’ll be waiting a bit longer on this.
- Newell: Origin “does some things well”
Not a bad word was said. So keep the pants on.
- Miyamoto’s Zelda: Skyward Sword presentation from 3DS event turned into English
Not looking too shabby now before November, is it?
- Syndicate gets first proper gameplay footage on GTTV
Looking a lot hotter now following yesterday. February’s starting to get a bit more interesting.
- Friday shorts: Persona 2, Saints Row: The Third, Nier
- Video – SSX’s Mac, Kaori, Elise to appear in NBA Jam: On Fire
They’re on fire!
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2 coming to 3DS, PSP in Europe this November
No sign of that Persona fighter yet, though. 🙁
- Dark Souls: Namco clears up box contents in video
See what’s the contents are for Dark Souls
- Report – Vita 3G downloads limited to 20Mb
- DICE ends Caspian Border playtime on BF3 PC beta
I’d sure love to play this on the consoles if possible. 🙁
- Persona 4 anime hits Blu-ray, DVD in US next year
And that’s it. This is also the end of the music theme for me as well: the final image is of Florence Welch of Florence + The Machine. The music theme will be back at some point, though.
The theme for next month will all be about my favorite movies I’ve seen very recently. Protip: Tron Legacy is one of them, but not the see all, end all. Nor is it the first image on Monday. The theme will continue until near the end of the month when I take off for a couple of days for the Games Media Awards, where I assume Stace will come in and cover me while I am there. He’ll probably go for something different.
Now, if you don’t mine, the following games are calling to me:
- FIFA 12
- F1 2011
- Gears of War 3
- Dark Souls [Dear sweet baby Jesus :(]
- The Team ICO Collection
- Battlefield 3 beta
Yup, fair to say I have a big backlog. See you on Monday, kids.