DICE ends Caspian Border playtime on BF3 PC beta

Friday, 30th September 2011 14:22 GMT By Johnny Cullen

DICE has announced it’s ended testing on the Caspian Border map for the PC beta of Battlefield 3. A Battlelog post from Battlefield community manager zh1nt0 said: “Thank you everyone who participated in testing Caspian Border with us during the Open Beta. We of course cherish and appreciate the time you have put into supplying is with good feedback. We will of course read it through and discuss it internally. Testing has now been completed and we are shutting down the Caspian Border servers.”

Back to Metro you go. The beta is ongoing on PS3, 360 and PC, with the full game releasing at the end of next month.

1. mongbatstar

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

2. DonnerKebab

We’re all thinking the same thing here – Hey why not close Metro instead.

You want to win over some CoD fans? Caspian might’ve done it, but I doubt Metro will. Doubt I will touch this map on release.

Other than that, incredible job on the infantry combat, movement and weapons. Amazing.

3. NeoSquall

Operation Metro doesn’t stand to a nail of Gulf of Oman (BF2 demo map) or Port Valdez (BC2 beta map).

I hope that server hosts won’t push it too hard on us gamers.

4. endgame

no! don’t close metro! it’s awesome! :)

5. Lounds

The only demo map that is close to BF series and they close it, what wankers, I’m gonna cancel my pre-order and buy COD.

6. GrimRita

Bastards! If they want players(especially CoD fans) to experience what Battlefield is all about, they need this in open beta.

I cant stand Rush and its one of the reasons why Metro bores me to tears quickly although I still love the sound in the tunnel. It makes me moist – so moist in fact, that I need a napkin to dry off my seat!!

7. Redh3lix

@5 – I presume your taking the piss, right? :D

8. Maximum Payne

@6 Rush mode is not problem,problem is Metro map without vehicles and engineer have no purpose IRONY!

9. Tech-N9ne

That Metro map is shit compared to Port Valdez BC2 demo map.
    There nothing Battlefield about it, plus I know its a beta and betas have bugs, but this has got to be one of the buggiest beta I’ve ever played, as a matter of fact I don’t believe its a beta its more alpha than beta, isn’t the game coming out in 4 weeks to have this level of bugs.
    And that load-out menu seems to be designed for PC rather than consoles, they should have keep it similar to the BC2 load out menu, I taught that was perfect.

Anyway I can’t remember DICE every shipping a bug ridden game so I guess nothing to worry about here.

10. Maximum Payne

I can’t believe that they did and then they even say ”big surprise” what a stupid thing to do.Even spin-off Bad Company had port Valdez with solid number of vehicles.

11. jb666

played the demo last night and wtf?

most players prone and snipe
    …nice work DICE, shame on you guys!

BC2 demo rocked but this one is ridiculous

12. DarkElfa

@11, Fucking agreed. Caspian was a prone sniperfest all night.

However, it was the hacking that bothered me the most. We had a guy speed hacking on 2 of the servers we were on and I’m guessing aimbotting by how accurate the M4 users were from sniper distance. Nothing like having a guy jump over a wall and one shot headshot you in mid air.

I mean this was day one of the beta and they couldn’t wait?!

13. tontsa91

WHY?! WHY?!! 64-player Conquest IS THE ONLY REAL Battlefield mode! Rush is a nice bonus but not something people are excited for!

14. ShiroGamer

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

15. freedoms_stain

Seriously don’t know what the fuck they’re playing at.

16. Nozz

Operation quicksand is getting boring. Hopefully they open up Caspian Border again soon.

17. ShotgunRain

Why are you guys complaining? You guys got to play in that map with jets vehicles, but us ps3 players guys get one map with over 99 problems every time you die you go under the map every time your friend logs in the game freezes for like 3 seconds or so and we got no vehicles or jets. I wish they would unlock this map for us console players i wanted to buy battlefield 3 instead of another cod, but if the game is going to be this glitchy then i don’t know.

18. freedoms_stain

@17, there were 2 servers, very few people actually got to play it.

19. Fin

Bro, you don’t understand. All pc gamers are entitled to what they want, when they want, how they want.

20. Erthazus

Caspian Border on consoles won’t have the same scope like on the PC so i’m not so sure what you want.

they opened Caspian border just to test 64 players and possible glitches and etc.

21. DrDamn

I think the key point of a beta that people seem to be missing is that it is primarily for the devs benefit not the players. They are testing things they want to test. If they are done then they are done.

Engineer has the rocket launcher doesn’t it? Very useful in the corridor stand offs in the mid stages of the Metro level.