Syndicate release date Feb 21, first trailer rocks socks

Thursday, 29th September 2011 13:17 GMT By Johnny Cullen

EA’s released the first trailer for the Syndicate reboot and confirmed a February 21 release.

The trailer is a chunky two minutes long, with some exclusive music from Skrillex. Colour us intrigued now.

Get watching below. The end of the trailer confirms the February 21, 2012 US date that was reported yesterday for the Starbreeze shooter.

It launches here in Europe on February 24 for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. xino

HHAHAHAHAHAHH

oh ,my god!

I am Fu**ing mind blown!

It’s all possible in this game, this sickness!

freaking hell!

this is how Deus Ex was meant to be, not the RPG/Stealth sh*!

I’m gonna enjoy this game!

amazing mindblowing trailer

2. Maximum Payne

@1 Not sure if he serious.

3. viralshag

Heh, that did actually look pretty good.

4. Christopher Jack

Interesting.

5. StolenGlory

Well, well. Um, yeah, pretty nifty I reckon.

6. Prof.Dr.Moertel

Music is great, the game looks like a mix of Deus Ex and Splinter Cell Conviction. Not bad, the name Syndicate is probably not justified anyway.

7. Patrick Garratt

Looks good!

8. Erthazus

Trailer is stylish, but that does not say anything at all. It’s cool that it’s just a shooter but it’s not a Syndicate.
    Just because someone wants to please Console fanbase adding another shooter won’t make it really great. Beyond stylish trailer must be substance.

“this is how Deus Ex was meant to be, not the RPG/Stealth sh*!”

Casual fratboy. Sorry, RPG and stealth sh*t is how Deus Ex is meant to be played and always will be played like that.

9. Kaufer

mite b nice

I’ll hold off cool until I see more.

10. Edo

Looks decent,but seriously…too much dub-step in trailers recently,not against it but it doesn’t fit everywhere.

11. Johnny Cullen

I like. I’m interested. The only thing that worries me is the close release, but the thing that stems that fear is that they’ve worked on this for ages.

But yeah, in like Kevin Flynn.

12. Freek

@8 You do realize you are on the other side of that “fratboy” coin, right? And are infact just as bad with your constant and utterly nonsensical trolling of anything “console” related.

13. Gheritt White

I want to have sex with that video’s soundtrack.

14. Night Hunter

@12: No he does not realize that. That’s the beauty of it

BTW: Video looks good, still think that there is no need to name this game Syndicate, but still, definitley on my radar now.

15. StolenGlory

Agreed on the whole thing that they should probably drop the name ‘Syndicate’, but people should really be concerning themselves more with what this game *is* rather than what it isn’t.

16. Goffee

Wonders why this can’t be a Vita/PS3 crossplay game with squad control on the Vita and FPS over a network of PS3s…

17. Night Hunter

@15: At last, someone with a little bit of brains. Reading the youtube commetary section right now, this is ridiculous, all those people whining that EA destroyed “their” franchise …

18. StolenGlory

Good call.

Yeah, it’s purile bollocks mostly. Especially most of them when pressed, haven’t actually played the original(s) before.

19. Fin

Hot damn, that looked well decent.

Yer, I wonder how many people of those complaining actually played the originals.

20. Erthazus

@12, “You do realize you are on the other side of that “fratboy” coin, right? ”

I’m not. I’m not looking forward to the “shooterizing” on every old franchise there is. Syndicate was a great squad-based strategy game in the past and i could me more happy if it was a pure strategy game. Now it’s turned like (XCOM) to childish console shooter which in the end will be nothing special.

21. NeoSquall

The trailer looks cool and the action looks fast paced, as expected of Starbreeze.
    If they just dropped the name it would be a game with its own identity and be even cooler.

22. Freek

@20 Yeah, you are. Being on the oposite side of the coin means being the complete oposite of something, but at the same equally as a bad.
    You try to present yourself as some sort of intelectual while making the dumbest, trolliest comments on consoles.

What platform something is on, doesn’t mean anything towards it’s complexity.
    Simplistic CoD has been a PC game from day 1, and more complext games like Deus Ex: HR or the original Syndicate came out on consoles aswell.
    As is Battlefield 3, a day one console game, no changes to the gameplay.

Wether a game is complex or simpel is a choice made the developer as a reaction to the percieved audiance, no matter the platform.
    And simplel or complex also means nothing towards the quality. Sometimes you want something simpel, sometimes you might want something more cereberal.

Or in short: stop being such an anoying dumbass.

23. K-V-C

remins me alot of dues ex for some reason lol but does look awesome

24. TD_Monstrous69

Looks really interesting. Can’t really say too much because this is only one trailer and I never played the original Syndicate (so I’m not complaining like the lots of the internets). Though the gameplay looks rather fluid, and asthetically, it looks nice. Can’t wait to hear more about this within the coming months.

25. Fin

Let’s play a game!

Who do you think has put more time into Blops?
    The average fratboy, or Erth?

26. Nissanthen

They used samples from the original Syndicate soundtrack, how cool is that? Ah man I feel like going back and playing it again.

27. Edo

Yelena Fedorova,the girl from DX:HR at the end !?

28. OrbitMonkey

That is one very nice trailer. Hope Mr Morgan was able to pen a solid story to go with this. :)

29. AHA-Lambda

ok, i thought it looked really good =)

30. Ireland Michael

Get your fucking dub-step out of my Syndicate, bitch!

This looks like it could be a decent game. Some interesting gameplay mechanics at play in that trailer. It’s still not Syndicate though. I see almost nothing in this that reminds me of the original franchise.

31. Telepathic.Geometry

Looking nice. It’s on my radar now. Just hope that you CAN stealth your way through some parts, ya know, if ya like that sort thing.