Battlefield 3 Caspian Border PC beta footage videoed

Thursday, 29th September 2011 17:37 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

YouTube user jeffriseden was one of the lucky few who had the opportunity to try out Battlefield 3′s Caspian Border level in the closed PC beta yesterday, and was kind enough to video his experience and post it for the world to see. You can watch all 23 minutes of his time in the map below, where he takes a bit of time to not only show the battle bits, but the environment as well.

Access to the map was limited to say the least, so thanks to all who gave me the heads-up on this so everyone could have a look. The game’s now in open beta, and hits at the end of October.

1. Shaz37k

Very nice. Can’t wait for release.

2. GrimRita

Hopefully they will get this out by the weekend because Metro sucks.

3. endgame

wth r u talking about!? metro is awesome! especially the metro tunnel part.

4. jacobvandy

I’ve played Metro for like 6 hours so far and I’m already sick of it. Especially with how often you lose connection from servers, leading to having to find another one, and I end up on the attacking team most of the time, with people that SUCK at attacking.

5. Talkar

#3
    Yeah, but it isn’t really Battlefield. Caspian on the other hand is a lot like a true battlefield map.

6. Se_7_eN

I love BF3, but even I have to admit… I HATE METRO.

7. mongbatstar

Lucky few? The server password validation is client side, just make JavaScript think you’ve entered a valid password and you’re on.

Lucky few indeed.

8. freedoms_stain

@7, but there are only a limited number of Caspian Servers actually live, right? So yeah, it’s a lucky few.

9. jacobvandy

@7 The password is leaked daily, so the servers are jam packed. You’re damned lucky if you can get in.

10. ultramega

WOW.

11. Redh3lix

I’ve managed to get on a few times and I can confidently say Caspian Border is EPIC! Although Metro is a great map, I’d say Caspian Border is definitely a “traditional Battlefield map” in scale etc. Absolutely fantastic!