What didn’t happen today, amirite? You’re right: I didn’t eat anything not “cooked” in a microwave. That did not occur. Good call.
An Evening With id: Gaming’s Past, Present, and Future
I was supposed to go to this, but I went to Japan instead. YOUR MOVE MCCASKER.
This instant food thing has got to stop. Why don’t I have time to shop and cook properly? Because I’m a barely competent, disorganised woman-child? Oh, yeah. Well, I’m going to spend all of tonight drawing a pretty schedule with dedicated being organised times on it! Take that, procrastination!
Today’s image comes from Katamari Forever. I was pretty slow to discover Katamari – it arrived while I was kind of in a blackout on games due to extreme student poverty – so this PlayStation 3 release was my fist experience.
Concerns over the franchise’s creator-less development aside for a moment: gosh is Katamari fun. It took me ages to learn it properly, but once I got in the zone… I still break it out if I’m feeling restless or anxious. It always calms me down – and makes me smile.
The King of the Cosmos has a Twitter account, by the way, but it’s been quiet for ages. I hope Namco resurrects it for upcoming releases. The King is my favourite fictional monarch – even passing Dragon Age’s Alistair, the love of my Warden’s life.
Stay tuned for Pat’s Bulletcast for a summary of the past few hours, or check out the mysteriously combined EU and US news wrap for a complete list.
Now: the news.
- The Cursed Crusade pushed back again – have a consolatory new trailer
I wish this had come out in the summer drought rather than right during the busiest time of the year.
- RAGE will “change the perception” of id Software
If you’ve seen the game in action, your perception that “John Carmack is a technical genius” was probably confirmed.
- Third party dismisses Sony’s claims to better developer support
Now we just need another third party to come out swinging for the opposite side, and we can maybe start a brawl.
- Report – Need For Speed: The Run demo due October 18
EA pulled the announcement, but it’ll probably put it back up at a later date!
- Capcom: 3D character models “much easier to animate”
I’m just going to reign in my opinions of Capcom’s female cheesecake and stay quiet.
- The Binding of Isaac storms Steam charts
My love for rogue likes only grows.
- Cameron: Avatar MMO would work, but launch timing needs care
I’m always baffled when people express enjoyment of Avatar beyond its visual and technical achievements.
- Crowdsourced gamers identify two potential new planets
I usually joke that I dreamed of being an astronaut and failed, but seriously – space exploration in the present doesn’t live up to my expectations.
- Bladeslinger trailer shows off Unity Engine’s chops
My friend Tiff got lost today and rang me for directions. “Walk towards da river, Tiff,” I advised her. Still, what isn’t?
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC appears for PC version
Oh boy, am I tempted by the automatic unlock and extra credits. Then I can spend my legitimately earned aug points on the landing system et cetera. But no! I have my pride.
- Thatgamecompany: “Gamers are not stupid”
I think “mass market consumers as a mob are stupid” is a better way to put it, really.
- Adventure Time creator keen on a game adaptation
Publishers: are you listening? I will buy the shit out of this.
- TellTale: Spielberg-style feel “essential” to Jurassic Park: The Game
In “list of things I fucking love”, Jurassic Park is quite high.
- AU: Skyward Sword and Super Mario 3D Land due November 24
That’s a better result than we often see, but it’s no simultaneous global launch.
- BioWare: The Old Republic is not premium MMORPG model swansong
The day World of Warcraft closes with no major rival, we can start talking about the death of the subscription model.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.