Wed, Sep 28, 2011 | 08:03 BST
Wednesday Shorts – announces, trailers, and bad news for fighter fans
Lots of little bits and bobs through the break – many of them incongruously interesting! Has the world gone mad? MOAR STUPID VIDEOS.
- Here’s a trailer for Rift’s 1.5 update.
- Falcom is making a new Legends of Heroes game for the Vita in addition to its Ys game.
- Starhawk takes a lot of cues from cinema because Warhawk felt “hollow”, apparently.
- Capcom Mobile – which has had amazing success with titles like The Smurfs on iPhone – is expanding to Android.
- A strange new MMO called The Repopulation has been announced, featuring a blend of andbox and theme park mechanics. Wut?
- There’s a sequel coming for indie hit AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!
- If you enjoy talk about how sweet your GPU’s on-card physics is, you’ll like this discussion of how set Batman: Arkham City will be on PC.
- Funcom’s Craig Morrison has written an interesting blog on the state of the MMO scene.
- Microsoft has filed a patent for a gaming phone which comes apart into several pieces.
- A hattrick of bad news for fighter fans now. The new features found in Viata update BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend will not be released as DLC for the standard version.
- Atlus has delayed King of Fighters XIII into November – but there’s a new trailer through the link.
- Meanwhile, craking indie effort Skullgirls has been pushed back into next year!
- Nintendo’s being sued over the tech used in the WiiMote. Again.
- Creepy iOS title The Dark Meadow is due in October – check out the new trailer.
- A new publisher has been launched with a plan to target Middle Eastern markets. That’s good news as gamers in the region are pretty underserved.
Today’s unrelated street art.