Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Trilogy HD gets US launch trailer

Wednesday, 28th September 2011 18:52 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Ubisoft has released the launch trailer for Splinter Cell Trilogy HD to coincide with the game’s US release today. The collection features Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory on one single disc for PS3. It’s been out in the UK since August. Thanks, TheKawabonka.

1. HeavyD-Love

Any idea if they fixed the lack of “invert Y axis” option in the UK/EU release?

I really hope so seeing as how it was an option in the original games and the “normal” control style is impossible for me (and millions others) to use.

2. KAP

Was just about to comment on this same issue too.

I even went as far as to mention this on the US PS Blog when they announced the title a few days ago and the community bod made out he had no flippin clue what I was on about!

Ubisoft are a joke aint they. My game is on the XMB in a folder called DONT TOUCH!

3. TerraZet

@2 umm… instead of clogging up your HD, delete it?

4. KAP

I havent had that issue ever since I bought a 250Gb slim.
    Your right though the file size is 4936Mb but what if Ubisoft get off there ass and patch it?

5. Aimless

They haven’t patched in an inversion option, and honestly I wouldn’t expect them to. The collection clearly wasn’t given much of a budget.

Speaking of which, the ports of the first two games are evidently afterthoughts as they’re incredibly unoptimised. Chaos Theory is handled far better ā€” I suspect the studio was originally contracted just to work on that one ā€” and actually holds up pretty well graphically. It’s easily the best in the series anyway, so I’d recommend you just pick that one up separately via PSN.

6. KAP

I did, I only got that title there off the PSN but you’d of thought they’d atleast have that up to date.

7. Aimless

@6 I agree they should patch the controls, I just don’t think they will.

Ubisoft may surprise me. But it would be one.