Battlefield 3! iPhone 5! And some other stuff. Here’s everything you should know this morning in video and text form.
- The Battlefield 3 beta’s gone live for Origin pre-orderers and those that bought Medal of Honor last year. Check out video and impressions here. We’ll have more on it later.
- EA and Virgin are to offer $1.6 million in an upcoming Battlefield 3 tournament.
- British broadcaster ITV managed to mistake ARMA 2 footage as real video of the IRA shooting down a helicopter.
- Journey’s coming out next spring.
- Weirdy browser MMO Glitch is now out of beta. Read about massaging butterflies here.
- Lionsgate’s making a Dead Island film.
- Apple’s started sending out invites to its iPhone 5 event in October.
- The Final Fantasy brand has been “greatly damaged,” according to Square boss Yoichi Wada.
- Mojang and Bethesda are going to court of Scrolls.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive’s tournaments will be bigger than with previous versions, apparently.
- Football Manager 2012 requires a Steam activation. This is akin to swapping semen with Satan, if fans are to be believed.
- Marcus Fenix may yet appear in Mortal Kombat. It’s a long story.
- CryEngine 3’s SDK has been downloaded 430,000 times, Crytek’s confirmed.
- GAME lost £51 million in the first half of its year.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.