Wed, Sep 28, 2011 | 17:04 BST
US News Wrap, September 27 – What Happened Today
Over the weekend, I messed around with creating ringtones for my new phone using some of the MP3s I have stored on discs.
It was a project I should have paid myself for, because – and I am not exaggerating – I probably have over 500 discs containing 70 or more MP3s each on them. You do the arithmetic.
Anyway, what ended up happening was, instead of creating lots of fun ringtones and designating something special for each person on my contact list, I ended up taking a walk down memory lane with each track I came across.
I listened to Tool and A Perfect Circle most of the night, with a bit of Tesla and KISS thrown in for good 80s measure. I even found gems I forgot I had, such as a few Fleetwood Mac and Alice in Chains rares. It was delightful.
In the end, I only managed to create four ringtones and here is what they are: Mother by Danzig for when my Mom calls; O Fortuna when the bossman calls (sorry Pat, I found it hilarious); Into the Fire by Dokken when Anita calls (because her and I both loved Dokken as kids), and The Imperial March for when my older brother Rob rings me, because he is a Sith Lord if there ever was one. It’s no wonder his D&D characters are always lawful evil.
Today’s header image is a homage to a great lady with a great set of pipes, who I rediscovered through my walk down Nostalgia Street. I can’t believe I forgot she existed. I feel slightly ashamed of myself.
Alright, enough of that. Just a note real fast though before I get you caught up on my shift, starting Tuesday, October 4, header images will be from my favorite movies. Prepare to be dazzled with my exceptional taste in celluloid.
- Valve believes Steam on Xbox 360 is still a possibility
- Mojang and Bethesda heading to court over Scrolls trademark
- Buy Mnt Dew and Doritios, get double XP in Modern Warfare 3
- Video Unlimited preview hits PSN in North America
- PSA: Courier’s Stash and Gun Runner’s Arsenal now available on Steam and XBL
- Apple sends out invites to October 4 iPhone event
- EA and Sports Illustrated team up in Need for Speed: The Run promotion
- Lionsgate to adapt Dead Island trailer into feature film
- Rise of Isengard expansion launches for LOTRO
- Bioware: “Aggressive” post launch plans for SWTOR include fan feedback
- PSA: Code Veronica, Dead Nation, Rise of the Samurai out, Once Upon a Monster demo
- ITV’s Gaddafi documentary mistakes ARMA 2 video for “Secret IRA Terrorism Footage”
- Sweeney sees movie quality graphics and pixels as “two major milestones,” in gaming’s future
- Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition hitting PSN October 4
- CryEngine 3 SDK downloaded over 430,000 times since release
- Tuesday Shorts II: The “Not as Long as the Previous Shorts” edition
This would be a nice feature to add to the fall update, Microsoft. Just relax, and do it. The opposite of what Frankie would say, basically.
I was really hoping a Quake 3 match would be the deciding factor in this. If wishes were horses, eh?
While I am not much on Mnt Dew, I have to say the spice nacho Doritos are rather good with chili.
Time to try this out. Wait. I’m not a Plus member. Never mind.
More guns equals more fun, in real life as in video games.
Stay tuned, apparently.
Tits and fast cars. What more could a teenage boy yearn for?
Consider my interest piqued.
The game also looks to have been given a spit polish in the graphics department with this update as well. Not that it was needed, as it was gorgeous to begin with.
Sometime, aggressive is good.
Lots of public service announcements today.
Apprtly I r not 2 gud at LOLcat speek. (I had to use the generator on that sentence, actually)
Gold. Always believe in your soul. You’ve got the power to know. You’re indestructible. Always believe in ’cause you’re gold.
You crazy developer kids and your SDK downloads.
A short shorts with a short fella being short.
That’s it for me today. I will probably be weepy the entire day tomorrow, so, just be prepared.