Sony confirms TGC’s Journey for spring 2012 – info inside

Tuesday, 27th September 2011 14:11 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sony’s announced this afternoon that Journey will arrive in spring 2012.

The thatgamecompany title was never actually formally dated, but it was widely expected to be out this year.

A beta of the game took place earlier in the summer. We had a look at it here.

“Fortunately, the online beta went very well, and our continued playtests have given us great feedback on the work we have left to complete. While there is still a ton of care and polish needed, we can’t wait to finally deliver Journey, TGC’s take on an online adventure game,” said thatgamecompany co-founder, Jenova Chen on the EU PS Blog.

“Like all our games, Journey is an experiment. In the end, it’s what you think that matters. We are happy to announce Journey will be released Spring 2012, so you can experience the adventure for yourself.”

Journey is thatgamecompany’s final game under a three-game publishing deal, which included PSN launch title flOw and the amazing Flower.

1. Colin Gallacher

Oh man :(

And I had just played it at EGX! I suppose it’s a wise move, it would just get lost in the Winter release calendar.

2. Johnny Cullen

Part of me says good call, Sony. That thing deserves all the attention it should get when it does release.

Another part of me says ‘I want this now.’ :(

3. Razor

Boo-urns.

4. StolenGlory

I agree with both of you.

As you have alluded to though, cooler heads have indeed prevailed which means that we’ll hopefully get a more polished product come early 2012.

5. tenthousandgothsonacid

Reading their forum the other day got the impression that it’s out when Sony says it’s out.

Which is fair enough I guess, as others have posted, at least it’ll be polished and won’t get lost in the autumn rush…

6. NiceFellow

I’d rather wait than see this disappear under a mountain of online Cowboys and Indians FPS games.

7. HeavyD-Love

December’s pretty empty with releases, but then again, it’s flooded with recently previous releases.

8. monkeygourmet

But i want it now!!!

Looked and played great at the Eurogamer show, can’t wait for Spring now! :)

9. monkeygourmet

I bet this gets announced for Vita actually… With cross platform play with the PS3 game. That would work really well…

Just a thought!