Buy Mnt Dew and Doritios, get double XP in Modern Warfare 3

Tuesday, 27th September 2011 16:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Activision has partnered with PepsiCo, the makers of many a fine softdrink and various Frito-Lay chips, to provide Modern Warfare 3 players with double XP for purchasing specially marked products.

Codes contained on Mtn Dew and Doritos will, upon entering, provide double XP to the player for various allotments of time.

According to G4, here’s how it works out: Purchase a 20 oz. bottle of Mnt Dew or a 12-pack or the even the Walmart-exclusive 20-pack and you will accrue 15, 45 and 90 minutes of double XP, respectively.

Rewards for combo purchases of Mnt Dew and Doritos will also be provided.

Each player can enter up to 24-hours total of XP codes, so gorging on sugar drinks and fattening chips will not do you any good past the 24-hour mark, unless you are intentionally trying to develop diabetes and spare tire around your beltline.

Codes can be entered starting October 10, which should give you plenty of time to rack up 24-hours worth of double XP before the game launches on November 8.

1. StolenGlory

Um, what the fuck.

I’ll just…

I’ll let other folks discuss this, since just thinking about it makes me quite angry.

2. Goffee

#1 – Seconded

3. Unlimax

Quickest way to make kids WAY fat more than ever !

Thank you Activision .. Really Thanks -_- !!!

4. Phoenixblight

No one is forcing anyone to drink or eat anything. Thats the person deciding they want more xp over health eating habits.

5. Deacon

I fucking love Doritos

6. ultramega

No one said that. But giving people an advantage over others that bought the same game, because they also bought food? I think this is marketing going too far. But you’re always the first to defend big business practices, so whatever. Just because they can do something doesn’t mean they should. And this is why I don’t support CoD.

7. freedoms_stain

ROFL, Acti obviously decided that since they have the greedy corporate Fuck image already they may as well run with it.

8. gsxrlove

NOM NOM NOM, xp get! It’s the American way!

9. Phoenixblight

Did I defend a big company? Don’t think so if anything I was saying that people are smarter than that and the choice always falls down to the people making a choice, not the Corporations forcing Doritos and Mountain Dew down your throat.

Companies are where they are because of the consumers not the other way around.

10. ultramega

I’m almost positive you edited your original comment… Unless I just misread, in which case it’s my bad, and you have my apologies then.

11. Phoenixblight

Nope I didn’t edit my original post. Thats exactly what I said.