Hello. I have returned from the city far, far away known as Landahn Tahn. That was my impression of a Londoner. Geddit?
Whatevs. Anyways, last week at Eurogamer Expo, I came across a couple of our readers who just said how much they love the site. If it was you, thanks for your kind words, it seriously keeps me and the rest of the team going to hear words like that. So thank you once again. And if I didn’t get a chance to talk to you, I am sorry, but I was just frazzled out. But thank you for the support.
On a personal industry level (I’ve tweeted and Facebooked this to hell, so this is the last time – promise), it was so nice to meet so many people I look up to in the industry, as well as meet some old faces. So thanks for making my first time in London seriously awesome.
But now, I’m back in boring old Derry, doing the news thang again . So here’s whats happened today, albeit after I slept in when I was due for 7am (I was only awoken to the sound of my iPhone giving me a Facebook alert near 8:15am that GI.biz’s Dan Pearson had accepted my friend request).
- Crysis PSN-XBLA gets October 4 release date
I’ll be getting this, albeit just to see how the game runs on consoles.
- Monday shorts: FFXIII-2, Gears 3, FIFA 12, ACR
- UK charts: Gears 3 tops, F1 2011 lands second
And yet, I can’t help but feel, as big as a franchise Gears is, FIFA will topple it next week.
- Sony Santa Monica, Plastic collaboration gets first video
Linger in Shadows was, well, interesting. Lets see how this goes.
- Bethesda and Wii U “a possibility,” says Hines
We haven’t seen Bethesda have too much of a presence at all with Nintendo. Is that about to change?
- The Witcher II 360 to be on two discs, says CD Projekt
- Tecmo Koei “definitely see split between Japanese, Western developers”
I spoke to Garza at EGE last week. You’ll see that interview soon.
- Dark Souls update to fix online problems
We have a 360 promo of the game waiting to be played. And by we, I mean me, although Pat should be getting his own promo soon, so look out for captured stuff.
- Guild Wars 2 gets 40 minutes of off-screen videos from EG Expo
This is looking quite sharp.
- Modern Warfare 3′s achievements out in the wild
- BioWare opens new Galway customer service centre, creates 200 jobs
Great, great news.
- ESRB rates I Am Alive: “These guys kept me as their pet, or mascot, or something”
Seems to suggest something is on the horizon, then?
Again, big thanks for all the love at EG Expo last week. Keep an eye out for an Uncharted interview and more this week. I’ll see you tomorrow.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.