Sat, Sep 24, 2011 | 21:27 BST
Saturday Shorts: Sales, City of Heroes, Salem, DCUO, Ed Vaizey, more
To celebrate SWTOR getting an official release date, here is a sexy picture from a burlesque show. She may not be the droid you were looking for, but she may be the Stormtrooper of your dreams. Well, until her helmet comes off.
- Lots of sales through here, here, here, and here.
- Those who pay $60 for a premium pass to movie chain AMC in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington, DC, New York, and Dallas will get to play Uncharted 3 in 3D and get the game shipped to them upon release.
- Older City of Heroes accounts are being reactivated for free-to-play.
- The new update coming to Maple Story will provide ways to keep in-game marriages from breaking up. Maybe my Mom and stepdad need to try this out. Naw. He sucks.
- Another site has posted shots from time spent in the Dibalo III beta. This time it’s GameFront, who tried out the Barbarian.
- Paradox will livestream a demo of Salem on September 27, 2011 at 3.00pm EST.
- Ed Vaizey, UK’s Culture Minister, wants a games room in Parliament. I really see that going over well with fellas who’ve been there since, well, since Big Ben was built.
- Update 5 is live on the DC Universe Online PC test server.
- Capcom has said Vita and PS3 are getting exclusive characters in Street Fighter x Tekken shouldn’t be too shocking, as it has shown Xbox 360 love in the past as well.
- OnLive representatives said it wouldn’t be unheard of for MMOs to appear on the console as multiplayer titles with similar connectivity requirements are already on there, and latency is not a problem in those games.