Thu, Sep 22, 2011 | 12:46 BST
Thursday Shorts: Street Fighter Patch, Red Alert Reborn, NCIS, Hasselhoff and more
It’s that time again – here’s the news that wasn’t big enough for its own story, but is big enough for you to care about! Read.
- Shoryuken has a detailed list of further patch and balance changes for Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Version 2012, which is a ridiculous name.
- The Facebook game studio formed by former top EA Sports men who worked on Madden and Tiger Woods will soon launch its first game, Woodland Heroes.
- Some very talented modders have rebuilt the original Command & Conquer: Red Alert in the engine of 2008′s Red Alert 3. In lieu of a proper Command & Conquer coming any time soon, this is a very cool alternative.
- David Hasselhoff stars in this cheesy ad for Burnout: Crash, which launched on Tuesday. So bad it’s good or just bad?
- The official Japanese Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 website has uploaded the theme tunes for the majority of the new characters being added to the game. Just click a character then hit the ‘BGM’ button.
- Benefit Evil, a three day marathon of playing the Resident Evil series for charity, starts on Friday 7th October. You’ll be able to donate and watch the stream on the Benefit Evil website.
- Destructoid went on a tour of Namco Bandai’s Japanese office before TGS last week, catching glimpses of Gundam arcade pods and Tales concept art amongst other things.
- Serious Sam 3 seems to be as ridiculous as we’ve come to expect from Sam and will come packing sixteen player co-op play.
- City of Heroes players will find that the first part of the first ‘signature arc’ – story events that focus on NPCs but still involve the players of the MMO – is now available.
- Hit detective TV show NCIS is getting a video game spin-off. GameFront have the first trailer of the game.
- GameFront also have a very useful run-down of what video cards on the market right now will be best for use with Battlefield 3 when it launches.
- Microsoft are working with the popular Build a Bear Workshop chain of stores to include tags for unlockable bears in the “Now with Bears” update to Kinectimals with real life teddies. The update will be available as DLC or on a new disc.
- The Kongregate Arcade Android App has been updated to version 2.0, adding a bunch of new features including chat, messaging and real-time leaderboards.
- Capcom have hired Japanese horror film director SABU to direct a short film promoting Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. Joystiq’s got the trailer.
- A new trailer has been released for Indie game The Bridge, which was a finalist for both the IndieCade and Dream.Build.Play contest. It’s going to be released for Xbox Live Indie Games and PC in the coming months.
And that, as they say, is that. Steph will be back with more Shorts later, and definitely keep watching the EG Expo Live Blog for the big bombs.
Header pic is of Chun Li because she’s getting some nice buffs in the patch. It’s from the deviantart gallery of the amazing Artgerm, who worked with Capcom on Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition.