Microsoft is showing off a lot of their Kinect offerings to the public this week at the Eurogamer Expo, but if you can’t make it down there and want to try out Kinect’s latest they’ve just lifted the lid on a new road show which will see their major Kinect releases playable to the public in a variety of locations.
Titled the “Your Kinect Experience Tour”, it will allow the general public to try out major upcoming Kinect compatible titles including Kinect Disneyland Adventures, Kinect Sports: Season 2, Dance Central 2 and Kinect Star Wars.
Microsoft will be making heavy use of social media throughout the tour, trying to get people why try out the motion sensor to head to Facebook and other services to talk about their experiences. They’ll be able to take away photos of themselves in a game, while Wristbands with RFID barcodes on them will allow the public to send the things they see straight to their Facebook profile.
The core Kinect tour will see Microsoft visit the following locations:
– Metro Centre, Gateshead, UK – September 29th to October 23rd
– Westfield Shopping Centre, Shepherd’s Bush, London, UK – October 26th to 28th November 2011
– Clothes Show LIVE, NEC, Birmingham, UK – December 2nd to 7th
The Kinect Disneyland Adventures Tour will meanwhile follow Disney on Ice, visiting more places over a longer period of time:
– Newcastle Metro Radio Arena: Oct 7th to 9th
– Disney Inspiration Store, Oxford Street, London: Oct 21st to 27th
– London Wembley Arena: Oct 28th to 30th
– Birmingham NEC: Nov 4th to 6th
– Sheffield Arena: Nov 11th to 13th
– Nottingham Arena: Nov 18th to 20th
– Sheffield Arena: March 9th to 11th
– Birmingham NEC: March 16th to 18th
– Liverpool Echo: March 23rd to 25th