Three NES titles have picked up the top spot in the Japanese charts for the week ending September 18th as Square Enix’s Dragon Quest Collection, a compilation of the first three titles in the series emulated for Wii.
The game has been released as part of Square Enix’s 25th Anniversary celebrations for the series, though the disc also includes a first glimpse at Dragon Quest X in addition to the three NES titles emulated with extra features such as save states. It sold 263,000 copies across that week, and was the only new release in the chart.
Namco Bandai’s Tales of Xillia slipped to number two, while another compilation disc held onto a chart position at number three, the Resident Evil Revival Selection.
In the hardware charts the Nintendo 3DS reclaimed the top spot as the best selling machine with nearly 59,000 units sold – a jump of just under 10,000 on the previous week. The PS3 came second after suffering a nasty decline in sales from around 65,000 units to 36,000. PSP placed third with 25,000 machines sold.
Here’s the full chart:
1. Dragon Quest Collection (Square Enix)
2. Tales Of Xillia (Namco Bandai)
3. Resident Evil Revival Selection (Capcom)
4. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
5. Everyone’s Rhythm Heaven (Nintendo)
6. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD (Capcom)
7. Atsumete! Kirby (Nintendo)
8. The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D (Nintendo)
9. Grand Knights History (Marvelous)
10. Monster Hunter Diary Poka Poka Felyne Village G (Capcom)