You may have noticed that Johnny wasn’t around today, that’s because he a Pat are travelling from their respective exotic locales to descend upon London’s Earls Court in time for the start of the Eurogamer Expo, which begins tomorrow. Whilst you wait for that, come inside and get caught up with me.
There’ll be plenty coming out of the EG Expo over the next four days and beyond, with some big interviews lined up and plenty of news from the show floor. Pat, Johnny and I will be all over it and if you’re heading to the expo yourself, perhaps you’ll come and say hello?
Steph’s news wrap will be along later, but in the meantime here’s what happened today.
- EA: Traditional retail outlets here for the “foreseeable future”
No apple carts were upset in the making of this statement
- Rumour: Smash Bros. Universe named in leaked document
Oh, chinny reckon?
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC receives 2.6GB patch, removes DRM
2.6GB? I remember once downloading a 25MB patch for the original Half-Life circa 1999, it took FIVE hours on a dial-up connection
- Wednesday Shorts – The morning edition: Gears 3 Easter Eggs, Link statue, Kirby, lots more
Nothing short about this list
- Epic: No new Unreal game in development
If you’re having withdrawal symptoms I feel bad for you son, Epic’s developing five new games but Unreal ain’t one.
- Gears of War 3 UK TV ads to display live in-game stats
Microsoft must know they’ll be guaranteeing big numbers – “Number of players in game: 16″ would be a little embarrassing.
- Dan Stahl leaving Star Trek Online dev Cryptic
Beam him up.
- UFC Undisputed 3 game play video shows of The Ground Game
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 to ship on a single Xbox 360 DVD
So, buy this version and get the added bonus of upgrading the three discs of the original FFXIII to drinks-coasters
I believe the inimitable Mr Alex Donaldson will be covering Johnny’s shifts tomorrow and Friday, so you’ll be in good hands. Have a fine evening, all.
Today’s header image is taken from the Into the Pixel 2011 exhibition, I’m sure you can guess which of next year’s games it depicts.