One of these days, I am going to grab my dogs, hop into my grandfather’s old Dodge truck, and drive out west.
The wind blowing through the cab of the truck, tangling my hair into a mess, the heat making my legs stick to the red vinyl seats, my dashboard MP3 player blasting Star Anna and the Laughing Dogs through the speakers for other cars to hear as I blow by them on the freeways and back roads. The only time I would plan on stopping during the day would be at road side stations to fill up on gas, let the dogs pee, and to grab myself a Moon Pie and Rootbeer.
Of course, I think most people have fantasies of running away from home, and hitting the open road with nothing but their suitcase, a pocket full of dough, and their furry buddies. I am no different, apparently.
Only, my trip would be a permanent one, as I would find a nice home somewhere out in Wyoming with the Tetons looming in the distance. It would have a barn, like the one in the picture, and I would wear nothing but jeans, tank tops, cowboy boots and a smile for the rest of my days.
Granted, this will only happen when I win the lottery, and I would spend the winters (because, sorry Wyoming, but screw your 10 feet of snow) at my seaweed hut in Fiji.
Until that fateful day occurs though, I will continue to bring you the news and update you on my shift every day that I am scheduled.
- DICE: “A lot of things” to consider before offering mod support for Battlefield 3
- Borderlands 2 to contain a “richer, larger world” along with new UI
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition dated for Europe
- Yasuda explains Hero Mode inclusion in Ninja Gaiden 3
- September UDK beta adds Mac support
- Gearbox wants your input on Duke Nukem Forever
- Suda explains his various roles at Grasshopper Manufacture
- Verizon comments on FiOS TV for 360 rumor
- Gamers help AIDS researchers decipher structure of virus protein
- PS3 firmware update 3.72 out, adds system stability
- Coming soon to XBLM: Burnout Crash, Resident Evil 4, Once Upon A Monster demo
- SOE: SWTOR the “last large scale MMO” to use subscription business model
- Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright TGS video released
- Quick Quotes: Epic’s Capps on the challenges of remaining independent
- RE: Operation Raccoon City “definitely locked in” for winter release
- Deadly Premonition designer Hidetaka Suehiro directing Lord of Apocalypse
- Analyst: Battlefield 3 hits 1.5 million pre-order milestone
- Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure only video game on Toys R Us Holiday Hot Toy List
- Tuesday Shorts II: RE4, BF3, OMD, GDCO, other abbreviations
- Closed beta testing for Diablo III has commenced
Once again, no mod support.
Less brown, more color.
No horse armor for you!
Nice and easy mode for the newbies to the series.
Now with added Mac support.
Seriously, tell ’em what you really think.
Suda may wear many hats, but he is still in charge.
Maybe? Possibly? Could be? Someday.
Next time I will put BF3 or MW3 in the title so you’ll read the damned thing (joking obviously). Thanks again, Saxon.
Coming soon to XBLA: more things to spend money on.
SWTOR may be the last MMO to charge a monthly sub as the only form of model. At least at launch.
A gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved… OBJECTION!!!!! Er, um, okay.
Believe it or not, Epic is still an indie developer.
It’s out when it’s cold outside. That made it a bit easier for you.
This game looks rather cool.
Loads of people want this.
Only video game on the list, it is.
Shorts, shorts, and even more shorts!
Pat is one lucky bastard. *grin*
See you tomorrow.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.