Gearbox wants your input on Duke Nukem Forever

Tuesday, 20th September 2011 16:09 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Gearbox has posted a survey asking participants for their input on Duke Nukem Forever. According to the introduction, “this is your chance,” to tell the developer how you feel about the game. You may participate in the survey whether you have or have not played it. Gearbox’s Randy Pitchford said during a community panel at PAX Prime the firm would start talking about a new Duke game “soon,” but for now the focus is on releasing DLC for Duke Nukem Forever. Thanks, G4.

1. StolenGlory

“Gearbox wants to know what you thought about Duke Nukem Forever.”

Randy Pitchford: I WANT THE TRUTH!

Everyone Else: YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

2. DSB

@1 I lol’d.

3. Phoenixblight

Really this is good for gearbox, its not like they are going to be offended about the feedback they didn’t actually make the game they just made it functional. I went ahead and did the survey. If anyone can bring Duke to a level it once was, it would be Gearbox.

4. StolenGlory

Yeah I did it too purely out of the desire that I would hopefully (though not likely) contribute towards a better Gearbox developed Duke title in the future.

“If anyone can bring Duke to a level it once was, it would be Gearbox.”

Agreed. I would also probably put People Can Fly in the same ballpark too.

5. Ireland Michael

In fairness to Gearbox, they were only responsible for finishing up the disastrous mess of a game that 3D Realms put together. The sole blame for the ultimate quality of the games lies with that company, not Gearbox.

6. StolenGlory

Indeed.

Although it makes you wonder why they need a survey for a game so obviously broken like DNF :)

7. Phoenixblight

Well to get feed back and see what direction they would need to go with it. What Duke was in the 90′s would not work in today’s age it needs new ideas and direction without removing the Duke style. At least thats how I see it. Bulletstorm was something that was pretty darn close to a modern Duke game imo.

8. KAP

Haha, when I saw the title of this article I laughed, followed by one word that came to mind….

9. DSB

It could just be a way to get people engaged with them after all the bad reviews of Duke Nukem Forever.

I’m sure that if they get a big enough trend in the input, they’ll take it into consideration, but I think most of it will be stuff they already know. 2-gun limit and what not.

They’ll probably just get a good laugh out of all the male-gamer feminists (or as I call them, virgins) who whine about nipples and dildo shaped cocoons though.

10. FeaturePreacher

I think they’ll get plenty of decent feedback from the 376,300 people in the U.S. who bought it in june.

But shadows of the damned probably won’t get any from the 24,000 people who got suckered into that.

11. The_Red

“2 Weapon intventory”. Remove it from Duke. Then bad this feature and don’t allow any other shooter to ever use the stupid 2 weapon limitation.

12. Clupula

@10 – And yet, I had a great time playing Shadows of the Damned and couldn’t play more than five minutes of Duke. Go figure.