It’s New Gears Day. That’s it. No it isn’t. Get round up below the break in video and text form.
- Featured Content: Pat takes a look at Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and speaks to 343 Industries about making the first Halo game that hasn’t seen the involvement of original creators Bungie.
- Gears of War 3 has launched worldwide this morning. Epic design boss Cliff Bleszinski has confirmed that there’ll be story DLC following launch, with franchise director Rod Fergusson confirming additional details.
- Here’s some Gears 3 videos and other stuff before you go dark forever and play it.
- The original Assassin’s Creed will be included onto the PS3 version of Assassin’s Creed: Revelations.
- FFXIII-2’s DLC will feature more costumes, weapons and monsters, producer Yoshinori Kitase has said. Here’s two brand new trailers of the RPG here.
- Modern Warfare 3 will be at Eurogamer Expo this week. It was the final game confirmed for the show, with Metal Gear Sold HD Collection, Burnout Crash and Lord of the Rings: War in the North also a lock.
- Starbreeze is working on a brand new iP alongside Swedish director Josef Fares. The company is currently working on a Syndicate reboot for next year.
- DC Universe Online is going F2P from October.
- Tomonobu Itagaki has said Devil’s Third may get a mutltiplayer beta in 2012 before its early full 2013 release.
- Vita will has less “intrusive” firmware updates, Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida has said.
- Ex-Capcom dev boss Keiji Inafune has said he offered to continue development of Mega Man Legends 3, but was shot down by the publisher. The game was cancelled earlier this year.
- Armored Core V releases on January 26 in Japan for PS3 and 360.
- The Blinding of Issac will release on September 28.
- Dead Island was top of the UK charts for a second week.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.