Assassin’s Creed: Revelations PS3 to feature original AC

Tuesday, 20th September 2011 08:52 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Ubisoft’s announced that Assassin’s Creed: Revelations on PS3 will have the first Assassin’s Creed bundled as part of the disc.

Ubisoft called the announcement a “special partnership” between itself and Sony Computer Entertainment America.

The publisher’s since confirmed the deal will apply in Europe.

Only day one copies of Revelations will have the first game, which launched back in 2007.

The move is similar to what EA did with Dead Space 2 and Medal of Honor, including previously Wii-only title Dead Space: Extraction and Medal of Honor: Frontline into their respective games.

2K is doing something similar with the release of BioShock Infinite on PS3, bundling the original BioShock onto the Blu-ray.

Assassin’s Creed: Revelations launches on November 15 in the US and November 18.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. XaosWolf

I approve! If only because I have been buying the PS3 versions.

Hope this is the case for the UK too. =)

2. Johnny Cullen

I have all of the games on PS3, but also AC1 on 360. Might get rid of my Blu-ray version to make way for this. Might also keep the 360 version for now so I can whore some cheevos.

3. YoungZer0

Why would they do that? AC1 is the worst AC in the series. Since they aren’t going to change a thing about the game, i don’t see how this is doing any good.

4. Johnny Cullen

It has a very good reason: mainly linking the Altair part of Revelations’ story. And the first AC isn’t that bad.

5. YoungZer0

@4: But it is. They could’ve called it “Grinding: The Videogame”

6. Johnny Cullen

I know there was that and the repetition, but in terms of setting up a franchise, it could have been a lot worse.

7. tenthousandgothsonacid

AC1 was so bad on ps3 I traded it straight away. It went down to single digit frame rates and the tearing was *horrible*. unless they’ve revamped it using the much better AC2 engine they may as well not fucking bother :(

8. Blerk

I very much enjoyed the first one, didn’t really understand the complaints about the repetition because the later games have much the same set-up, just better disguised. And the first game was VERY much more stealthy than the later ones, it’s brutal in comparison at times.

PS3 version of the original was a bit wonky on the old framerate though, wasn’t it? Might not have aged too well compared to the new one.

9. Thalius

To me AC had the best Storyline of all, AC2 had the best gameplay, ACB was trully terrible(story was the weakest and mp is the worst thing created in videogame history in late years) and ACR is shaping to be the same thing as ACB.

Such potential in the AC franchise ruined by Greed.

10. Johnny Cullen

Ubisoft’s confirmed this for Europe now.

11. mojo

#4 and #5:
    They should have called it “Tearing: The stutter”

i couldbnt play the game and had to quit after 10 minutes, its a complete technical desaster. and for the record, i played nearly 300 hours of sacred 2

12. Bluebird

If I remember correctly they patched the original to run decently. I actually think it’s one of the better ones. Better than AC:B in any case, which I found just disappointing. Added a lot of nothingness and failed to improve anything. Still bugged by the same old problems as AC2 and AC1.

13. Christopher Jack

@9, I had a true blast with the MP in Brotherhood, the worst thing was those who expected it to be CoD-like & just ran around like headless chickens, easy targets who kept bitching because they kept dying.

14. bpcgos

ac 1 have the best environment that I love and visited regularly! It just lacks of database to explain the history of each building we’ve met(like AC2 did)! I would love it if they patched out that feature!

15. Zarckan

The question is will it have Trophies this time… Afterall there is a TRC requirement that “ALL” playable content must have trophies.

16. Christopher Jack

@15, No, there won’t be trophies.

17. Thalius

@13 why is it when anyone complains about MP, everybody compares it to CoD??? I’m not a CoD mp fan. I just tought that AC:B MP is weak, it could’ve been great. If they did something like Red Dead Redemption MP it would’ve been amesome. AC:B MP is horrible cos the matchs are too short, the area is to small and the game is very unbalanced between faction and not to mention that theres like 500 people that look the same. From the beta for revelations the only thing that they changed is now you hunt as you are hunted too, but everything else is the same; areas to small, 5m matches and everybody still looks the same.

18. freedoms_stain

AC1… It really did turn into a massive grind less than half way through.

You just constantly got hit with “Oh, this shit again, ho hum” which is not a great way to play a game.

19. OrbitMonkey

@16 No trophies? No point.

20. Bluebird

Makes me wonder how people managed to play games before there were trophies/achievements…

21. Christopher Jack

@17, I wasn’t comparing it to CoD, I was claiming that the traditional CoD players walked into the game & treated it like CoD, ran out in the open expecting a kill then hitting the wrong guy & getting his arse handed to him by a guy hiding in a hay stack. i do think they need to add different time slots, I hate joining a game with less than 5mins left, I think 25 is the prime number. The point of the game is that many players do look like NPCs but I understand your criticism, I find some of them look too similar & so bland that they can actually blend into a regular crowd, especially the females.

22. YoungZer0

@20: Scores.

23. Ireland Michael

@22 Scores stopped being common in games long before achievements and trophies came about. If anything, the current generation bought scores back, thanks to online leaderboards.

Personally, while I enjoy the collection of achievements and trophies, I’ll never play again a certain way *just* to get them. A lot of them have completely ruined the way people play games. It’s no longer about challenge, personal investment or doing it your own way. It’s about getting an arbitrary medal.

And then people are done with the game once they get the trophies? When people treat a number on a virtual card as more important than the purchase and enjoyment of a game itself… something is seriously messed up.

24. OrbitMonkey

@23 It’s swings and roundabouts. Trophies/cheevos can encourage experimental play, like the “use 1 bullet cheevo” in The Orange Box, but some are very lazy, simply there to reward grinding. ANY collect x amount of whatever are prime examples of this.

25. viralshag

@23, You seem to make it completely one or the other. You either enjoy the game for what it is or you just go hunting for trophies.

I think it’s very possible to do both. I do, and it gives me two aspects of the same game that I enjoy.

“And then people are done with the game once they get the trophies?”

What’s the difference between this and just finishing the game and being done with it?

26. Ireland Michael

@24 True, I entirely agree that they *can* be fun.

When they become the sole defining way to play a game though…

- Play game
    - Get achievements
    - Trade in game
    - ????
    - Profit?

@25 “You seem to make it completely one or the other. You either enjoy the game for what it is or you just go hunting for trophies.”

I’m not saying it’s one or the other. But I know way too many people who do do this. People who will play a game a certain way just so that they get a trophy, no matter how repetitive, monotonous or boring it may be.

A game has to be really, really god to make me want to play it on more than one difficulty, for instance, and I’m not going to spend 300 hours changing an arbitrary number of kills just to get 10 extra points on my gamerscore.

I’ve 100%ed very few games, and there’s only one I’ve ever actually felt proud of. Not because I wanted to 100% it, but because I enjoyed the game so immensely that I ended up doing all that stuff anyway. The game was Bayonetta.

27. YoungZer0

God, who gives a shit? If people want to play a game for trophies only, it’s their loss. Not even a reason to discuss this.

People will always play a game the way they want it.