Gears of War 3 goes on sale tonight, Battlefield 3 gets a stonkingly brilliant new video and you’re only going to get two Modern Warfare 3 SKUs. No Zone of the Enders 3, though. YET. Get the first post-TGS, pre-EGX Bulletcast in text and video form below.
- Featured Content: Nathan took a look at Portal creator Kim Swift’s next game, Quantum Conundrum, at PAX.
- Gears of War 3 goes on sale from midnight tonight. We’re going to have full details on midnight openings and who’s going to be where on the site in a bit, but to numb the wait, here’s Pat’s interview with Cliff Bleszinski from Friday.
- Speaking of Miser Bleszinski, he confirmed that Shadow Complex 2 is “largely designed,” and that Epic was looking for a partner to finish it.
- Following from his TGS keynote last week, SCE WWS boss Shuhei Yoshida has confirmed that PlayStation Vita is region-free, and that there will be an external battery option.
- Breaking my heart in the process, Kojima didn’t announce Zone of the Enders 3 at TGS. But did say he still intends to go ahead and make it.
- He also confirmed MGS 3DS for an early 2012 launch, with ZoE HD to come in either early-to-mid 2012.
- EA released, as promised, the full Operation Guillotine video for Battlefield 3 on Friday. Expect impressions on that before Eurogamer on Thursday.
- Devil’s Third uses a customised version of Relic’s internal engine, Tomonobu Itagaki said last week. The Valhalla game was due to be shown in Tokyo, but was pulled.
- Portal’s free on Steam right now, but only until tomorrow.
- BioWare’s confirmed the second DLC pack for Dragon Age II. Called Mark of the Assassin, its out on October 11
- F1 2011′s reviews have come in ahead of Friday’s UK release. Here’s the final dev diary for it.
- There’s to be no Prestige Edition of MW3; just normal and Hardened.
- Capcom US VP Christian Svensson has all but hinted at localisations for upcoming Monster Hunter games in the west, including Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS.
- Keiji Inafune, ex-Capcom dev boss, has said that the Bionic Commando reboot from since-closed Swedish stuio GRIN suffered because of the bad relationship between publisher and developer.