Uncharted: Golden Abyss Video Walkthrough takes you places

Saturday, 17th September 2011 08:49 GMT By Debabrata Nath

John Garvin, writer and director of Uncharted: Golden Abyss, has put together video walk-through of the game’s two levels shown at TGS this week. He took great pleasure in highlighting the important elements to be found in the demo, from the great visual effects to top-notch voice-overs by Nolan North, and much more. Uncharted: Golden Abyss is scheduled to release as part of Vita’s launch line-up on December 17. You can watch the video below.

1. ultramega

Looking spectacular. Sony, Y U NO give all of us Vita at the same time!? =P

2. Erthazus

Looks better than Uncharted: Drake’s fortune and it’s a launch title.

Looking absolutely fantastic.

3. KAP

This truelly does look great, and hope they make a fair bit of these bit sized Uncharteds on Vita in the future.

4. Ireland Michael

I can’t help but feel like some of the motion control in this game suffers from “QTE Syndrome”. It’s there for the sake of having it, not because it’s useful.

Other than that, there’s no denying that this looks really spectacular, even more so because it’s appearing on a handheld device. Probably a day one purchase alongside the Vita itself for me.

5. Dannybuoy

Wow. Impressive stuff. Didn’t want to watch all of it. I want to not spoil myself. Will have to get myself a vita on launch

6. nofear360

There’s some clipping, animation, and slowdown issues. I hope they’ll have enough time to fix those.

As far as the graphics go, it’s more or less what Drake’s Fortune offered, slightly worse, I’d say even (I played it a couple of months ago, so I still have a rather fresh memory of it).

I also don’t like the touch control indicators, I hope you can’t turn off that shit.

7. onlineatron

Can’t help but laugh when he says ‘we use the touch screen only when it MAKES SENSE’ and then he proceeds to use touch screen for EVERY-DAMN-FUNCTION.

The game looks great, as Uncharted games are wont to do, but here’s hoping the touch controls are optional.

8. speedxl01

Indeed touch controls are optional