Quick Shots: Silent Hill: Downpour, HD Collection screens get out of TGS

Friday, 16th September 2011 16:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Konami has released screeshots for Silent Hill: Downpour and Silent Hill HD Collection out of TGS. Both are slated for release in October, and Japan will see the HD Collection released in 2012.

1. Xuchilbara

Thank you for these Stephany! I am really excited for Downpour, but hate that they used the movie version of the world change :-\

The HD collection looks very good! Especially screen 5 and 6!

MORE SILENT HILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. TD_Monstrous69

I’m not questioning the quality of games, because they look really good (might pick up Downpour if I got the extra cash at the end of the year). But why release an HD collection after a new game in the series? It just doesn’t make much sense to me.

3. Phoenixblight

I actually enjoy the “hollywood” version of the world shifting. Even though I didn’t like Homecoming that much that was one aspect of it I did like and I like it in Downpour because it acts like it’s evaporating which works with the water theme.

4. Phoenixblight

@Stephany

It is weird because

Tomm said that it would release prior to Downpour.

5. Stephany Nunneley

@4 Hrrmm… let me look at the fact sheet again because it says 2012 on it.

EDIT: Okay. The fact sheet says: “Konami announces the 2011 release of SILENT HILL HD EDITION for the PlayStation 3, combining the series’ top two fan favorites into one title and presenting them for the very first time in dazzling high definition.”

But then it says 2012.

6. Phoenixblight

Huh two conflicting things right there in the the fact sheet how can a 2011 release be in 2012?

7. Stephany Nunneley

@6 I have no idea. I will send a mail, and just take the date out of the post for the time being until I get the right information.

EDIT: OKAY! I figured it out. The “fact sheet” was originally in Japanese but OpenOffice translated it so damn fast I never even noticed. So, basically, the HD Collection lands in Japan in 2012. Sorry ’bout that.

8. Phoenixblight

That would be great. I am just getting a lot of misinformation about the Downpour and Silents Hill HD release dates. In fact Amazon sent me an email saying Downpour will be released in April where I know that’s completely wrong.

9. triggerhappy

It’s changed I think. thehut.com has been showing Feb 17th 2012 for a while now and there always quite accurate.

edit: ok scratch that. So there both dropping this year?? Thats REALLY good news. AND we’re getting them before Japan?? Nice :)

10. Stephany Nunneley

Okay, see my comment edit. I still sent a mail to get a confirmation of the dates.

Edit: @9 Supposedly. I have sent a mail to be sure, because with the delays and the various reports, it is honestly becoming a bit confusing.

11. triggerhappy

Can’t wait. Me bring overly optimistic as usual, I think Downpour is going to take the franchise back on track :D There totally pushing all the right buttons :P