PS Plus subs get 50% off Resident Evil 4 HD

Friday, 16th September 2011 16:19 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Resident Evil 4 HD hits PSN next week, complete with bonus content from previous versions, and at launch, Sony is handing out five free RE4 avatars to anyone who purchases it. Also, Plus subscribers will get 50 percent off the price, meaning they will pay €9.99/£7.99/$9.99. The PSone version of Resident Evil 1 Director’s Cut will also be made available free to Plus subscribers. Code Veronica X HD is releasing the following week on September 27, and the PS Blog says more details on that will be revealed next week.

Both versions will also be released via the XBL Games on Demand service.

1. BloodyJoe

Still no info if they ported the Wii version for PS3 with move support or the lame PS2 version?

2. KrazyKraut

US Plus members will get RE1DC, RE2 + RE3 for free…

3. TD_Monstrous69

Finally, a good Resident Evil game gets released. Glad I got Plus, so I only have to pay half of its original price.

4. Stoopid_Snot

shame that SCEE is paying less atention to the European market and puts less work in to the PSstore in the EU

5. JonFE

#4

Why should Sony put any more effort in the EU PS store? They already have our allegiance (with the possible exception of the UK), but in the US they play catch-up to MS…

6. a7md1990

cool.. but honestly guys the trophy list was very disappointing! only 12 trophies to earn.. 11 of them cannot be missed and no platinum :( !!. I’m still getting the game though cuz I swear I’m the biggest RE fan on planet earth but RE4 had the potential of being among the hardest trophy lists!!

on the other hand as @BloodyJoe mentioned we need to know which version are we going to get. I damn sure don’t want the ps2 version :( becuz it was the least amazing (still amazing though).. I mean bonus costumes wouldn’t even show up in a cutscene cuz they were obviously not rendered but played from a file that was taken from the GameCube version.

anyways.. all of the above still don’t hold me back.. in fact I just got my 20$ PSN card from the nearest store.. and i’m saving it till September 20th

7. Aimless

@1 The port’s based on the Wii version, at least from a technical and content perspective; I don’t know about balancing. No Move support, though.

Whilst I will buy RE4 at the discounted price, honestly it should have cost this much to begin with. Not that it isn’t an amazing game, but it’s a fairly no-frills repackaging.

8. ultramega

WOW. Glad I have Plus. I think I’ll pick this up then.

9. speedxl01

Good price, but I hope they add move controls.