DMC TGS stage show introduces gamescom demo

Friday, 16th September 2011 08:23 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Capcom’s shown off the gamescom demo of DMC at Tokyo Game Show. The first part shows Dante and his ghost companion, while the second part shows a lot more of his white-haired side with Devil Trigger activated. This is properly stonking good, with the environments seriously absolutely brilliant. Get watching below the break, via GT.

The Ninja Theory reboot launches next year on PS3 and 360. Get our recent impressions piece from the demo in Germany here. Here’s the TGS trailer.

1. YoungZer0

Looks awesome. Simply love the way you get Dante gets sucked into Limbo.

2. Monk

The combat system feels weird, it`s dosen`t have the same speed as the
    previous DMC !!

3. YoungZer0

It can’t feel like anything unless you’ve played it.

4. Monk

It`s not like that man, even with trailers you can feel it,
    I played all the previous DMC, and after I watch this and compare
    it with DMC4 specially when you play with Dante, you can see the
    difference and it`s so clear !

you can see what I mean.

5. Clupula

Even if they had the story fixed, even if they were to bring back the older Dante…that gameplay just looks slow and unfocused. My hatred for this game is still as strong as ever.

6. absolutezero

Its UE3 remember so its never ever going to feel anything like any of the perivous games.

7. DaMan

The scenery design is excellent, and the speed is obviously the same.

Oh well, this series has been superseded by Ninja Gaiden to an extent and then Bayonetta anyway.

8. Ireland Michael

I love how people keep saying this is slower, when the combat blatantly moves faster than the previous games… most noticeably in the pop-up.

9. YoungZer0

@8: Don’t bother. I hear people complain about Dante not being played by the same motion actor now.

Those haters are getting really embarrassing. The more videos NT and Capcom release the less arguments they have, the more they get desperate looking for stupid reasons to dismiss it.

Fucking motion capture actors, man.

10. lexph3re

After seeing dante up close in real cgi and talking. I like it, I like the hybrid of enslaved epic battle finishers with different camera perspectives as well. I also like the Nero gameplay integration into this, it makes dante a hell of a lot more versatile in combat. Kinda the reason I preferred dmc 3 dante&vergil(more vergil) and neros gameplay the most out of them all. Dante always felt to stiff in his earlier versions(especially dmc 2) and in dmc 4 he felt stiff as well.

I think I’ll go for broke and give DMC a day one buy! What the hell why not right? This is kinda what I am hoping ninja theory will evolve into as a studio. They have the potential to be the next naughty dog of hack’em slashers in my opinion.

11. YoungZer0