Deadshot latest villain reveal for Batman: Arkham City

Friday, 16th September 2011 13:41 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Deadshot the assassin is the latest villain to be unveiled for Batman: Arkham City. The news comes to us via a couple YouTube videos for Game Trailers TV. One shows the reveal along with some new gadgets, and the other gameplay footage. Host Jeff Keighley even tweeted the Deadshot news last night. Batman: Arkham City is out October 18 in the US and October 21 in the UK. Thanks, IGN. [pic]

1. hypeb147

I REALLY hope the game is huge cuz i feel they already revealed a LOT of villains. I still need to know there are at least some surprises left for release.

2. viralshag

@1, My thoughts exactly. I don’t know why they’re doing it to be honest. I think most people would have been hyped at the simple news of “Batman: Arkham City is coming. In October. Keep your shit together, it’s not far away.”

It’s like they can’t control themselves. I’m tired of all the reveals. We get it, you have a shit ton of enemies…

3. RandomTiger

Perhaps its to counter all the pre-order information about what you wont be getting with your particular copy of the game. I’m almost tempted to cancel my copy and wait for the GOTY edition.

4. monkeygourmet

This is becoming a text book example on a way to ruin my hype for a game. Far, far too many reveals and it almost feels like too many big characters now…

I loved arkham asylum, and not knowing what to expect around each corner was a great feeling. This constant stream of reveals is really putting me off getting this day 1.

It doesn’t help that game sites, VG247 included, don’t put spoiler alerts on these reveals.

I’m sure it’ll be a great game, it just would’ve been even better if the hadn’t spunked their load too early! ;)

5. KAP

Is Deadshot DCs Deadpool then?

6. viralshag

@5, I always thought Deathstroke was DCs Deadpool.

7. Edo

YES I do come to this site for news about games but seriously!?Do some damage control yourself if Rocksteady doesn’t see that they have SOLD this game already to us,or actually,they have sold it the second we finished the first one!They actually think that the appearance of the Scarecrow(in one way or another)in this one as well is suppose to be a surprise where everyone knows that’s going to happen…jeez…

8. StolenGlory

Yep that’s right.

If we’re comparing DC to Marvel, if anything, Deadshot is closer to Bullseye from Daredevil than anything else, in that they are both superhuman marksmen who are built around the whole idea that they never, ever miss their target.

9. Gurdil

@4 I understand why you don’t like these reveals but when you see “villain reveal”, the word SPOILERS is clearly implied… And, at this point, if you see “Batman: Arkham City” in the title, it’s pretty safe to assume it’s gonna be full of spoilers

10. monkeygourmet

Unfortunatly the headline said “Deadshot” in large bold font before the words “latest villian reveal”…

I tend to read things from left to right ;)

11. Gurdil

@10 oh it was just about the name of the enemy? Sorry I thought you said that for the game footage. My bad. But then again even if there was the word spoiler BEFORE the name of the villain, I think your eye would have caught it at the same time (What? Well maybe that is me not wanting to be wrong all the way, can you blame me? :P).

12. Stephany Nunneley

there’s a shot of him through that link – at risk of it being considered a spoiler or something. :D

13. monkeygourmet

I know what you mean! Even if it had ***SPOILER*** written before hand the eye’s tend to be even more attracted to what follows! ;)

I know it’s just reporting on current game news, it just feels there’s less and less to be excited about before new blockbusters release.

The lead up time to drum up interest seems to start about 3 years before the title actually releases now (Bioshock infinate is a good example).

It’s easy to say don’t look but adverts are now splashed all over XBox Live and the PSN not to mention forced trailers in EA games (I had to sit through a trailer for Shift 2 before i could play Hot Pursuit which just seemed crazy…)

Still, i have managed to miss almost all the footage for Uncharted 3 so far! :)

14. DSB

Batman game has Batman villains?!

Goddamn, I wasn’t expecting that! I’m shocked and appalled. Why if I had my way, it would have no villains at all, and no one would EVER know what it was about. Ever.