Quick Quotes: Valve isn’t “noobing” CS:GO with Casual Mode

Thursday, 15th September 2011 22:12 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

“When bringing Counter-Strike to PS3 and Xbox, we wanted to make sure we weren’t ‘noobing’ it, or dumbing it down. The game has an entry point for new players in its Casual Mode, but it’s not ticking off the top players. We think that if you’re really good with the controller, and you can match the fidelity of movement of the mouse and keyboard, then you’ll hold your own. If not, well, you’ll just be matched with people who play like you. We’re looking at changes that are about adding depth for skilled players, without adding complexity for the lower levels.” – Valve writer Chet Faliszek to Gamasutra.

1. Erthazus

Well i hope so.

I don’t see a point in casual mode.
    Because if you don’t know how to play, try it. Everyone who played CS started like a noob. So why you need casual mode? For what?

2. DSB

Because people are different.

I never play games on easy, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t want there to be an easy mode for people who might prefer that.

What if a kid wants to play it? I don’t think a 10 year old will have the same understanding of a game that a 20 year old will.

Should we exclude women from playing sports because they aren’t as good at it as guys? Playing and gaming isn’t about distinguishing yourself, it’s about enjoying it. Let the people who want to play, play.

3. Erthazus

“What if a kid wants to play it?”

he just starts playing it like everyone else.

I remember times where there were a lot of internet cafe’s and you know what? 7-12 year old kids went there and played Counter-strike.

I don’t see a point in that mode. If you want your easy mode you can always play with bots.
    When i was a kid i played DOOM 1-2, wolfenstein or Duke Nukem 3D on normal difficulty and it was ok.

4. Lounds

Well CS:GO will probably be a 18 rated game, So I don’t want no 10 year old boy on that game…thats what COD’s for right?

5. Erthazus

@4, ahahahaha :D awesome joke.

6. Lounds

I know, I wish VG247 had a “like” button.