More white-haired Dante shown in TGS 11 DMC trailer

Thursday, 15th September 2011 07:38 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Ninja Theory and Capcom have released their TGS DMC trailer, showing off plenty of the surreal environments we mentioned in our last impressions piece, and, some teasing glimpses of the new white-haired Dante model at the end. Watch it below the break. It’s out next year.

1. Erthazus

Gosh. No charm at all. Another wannabe stylish trailer. Boss is uninspired western crap. Music is out of place. It’s also very empty.

His face is even worse than in previous trailers. Just a 17 year old emo kid. Oh come on. I can’t look at his perverted eyes. He wants to cut something i’m sure.

Gameplay? I don’t feel it’s speed, although i see some previous Dante’s moves and it still feels slow. I feel like i’m playing God Of war with Devil May Cry abilities. Seriously.
    I don’t feel that Devil May Cry magic at all and thats important. No charm.

2. Monk

A big mo********** meh !

3. noherczeg

Well I kinda like this :< You can also see the white hair while he's under DT(?).

4. Kuwabara

Fuck looks great. Better than dmc2,3,4 atleast!!

5. eloix

I love it. I dont know why all the hate toward Dante new look, isn’t that what a reboot supposed to be? Besides, judging from the latest gameplay trailer we saw, it does look kicka$$!

6. Ireland Michael

Anyone who thinks the combat in this is “slower” than the previous Devil May Cry games is deluding themselves.

Gameplay looks stunning. Can’t wait.

7. Deacon

I’m in

8. Clupula

Still looks like the drizzling shits.

9. CycloneFox

Finnally some good music in a “DMC” trailer. (Original music was always good)

Original dante and music or not, as a fan of the series, I will pick it up anyway.^^

10. YoungZer0

Jesus H. Christ.

This looks freakin’ awesome. I love the effect when the environment changes. Love the fast combat. Can’t wait.

11. triggerhappy

I don’t like his hair. All the young boys in my work have that EXACT same haircut. Talk about target audience.

edit: wow. Thats probably the most negative comment iv’e ever made on here. No offence to the people who like it, or the people who have the haircut. It’s just not my thing.

12. Ireland Michael

@11 You mean it’s “emo”?

You can still see his eyes. It doesn’t count. =P

13. YoungZer0

@11: Remember when the target audience of DMC was grown-up man?

14. Ireland Michael

@13 The audience of Devil May Cry was never grown up men. Ever. It was visual kei obsessed, angst ridden Japanese school boys.

15. YoungZer0

@14: I know, the question was purely ironic.

16. vastia

Ninja Theory’s environmental designs are top-notch in my opinion; I think the idea of the morphing cities is a good one. I especially liked the shot of the carnival splitting apart in the trailer.

Having said that, I’m still not a fan of the re-booted Dante at all, however many flashes of the white-haired-black-eyebrowed DT they show.