UK charts: Dead Island is new number one, Space Marine and R3 fill top five

Monday, 12th September 2011 10:21 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Safe to say Christmas season has begun.

Dead Island has gone straight into number one at the top of the UK charts. The Techland zombie title kicked Deus Ex: Human Revolution off the summit, with the Eidos Montreal reboot landing at five.

Gran Turismo 5 shoots up the charts out of nowhere to just about make the top ten list. This is due to the Polyphony Digital racer getting a re-release on the Platinum collection.

Other new entries in the top ten include Warhammer 40k: Space Marine in second, Resistance 3 in fourth and Starfox 64 3D in ninth. NHL 12 barely misses out in 12th, while Sega’s Kinect horror is in at 37.

Top ten for the week ending September 10 is below. Last week’s data is here.

1. Dead Island
  2. Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
  3. Driver: San Francisco
  4. Resistance 3
  5. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  6. Zumba Fitness
  7. Rugby World Cup 2011
  8. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
  9. Star Fox 64 3D
  10. Gran Turismo 5

1. AHA-Lambda

deus ex? noooooo =(

2. Monk

is it weird that GT5 be in the Top 10 ??

3. small44

#2 Platinum version of GT5

4. Maximum Payne

@1 They said they shiped 2 mill units so I wouldn’t worry about sequel ;)

5. themadjock

Resistance being No.4 is more of a worry, so far it’s great :)

6. Deacon

Damn it’s good to see some PROPER games filling up the charts again!

7. Talkar

Yeah, i was also getting kinda tired of seeing Zumba as number 1 x)

8. NeoSquall

How come Human Revolution has already plunged to 5th position? :S

9. revolting

I’m having a major case of opposite expectations with Space Marine and Dead Island.

I expected Space Marine to blow my socks off with awesomeness. it’s definitely good, and I am enjoying it, but it feels a little lacking, and I’m not being wowed by it anywhere near as much as I expected to be.

Dead Island, on the other hand, I expected to be okay, but ultimately mediocre. As it happens, I’m having an absolute blast with it… co-op is great fun.

10. Phoenixblight