Sonic Generations gets November 4 release date

Monday, 12th September 2011 17:51 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sega’s announced this evening that Sonic Generations will release in the UK on November 4. The date comes part of the publisher’s latest UK release schedule today. The dates are for the PS3 and 360 versions; Sega wouldn’t give VG247 a firm date for the 3DS version other than just November.

The publisher announced a big collector’s edition for both current-gen SKUs of the game last week

1. HeavyD-Love

So Nov 1 USA yes? Looking forward to this.

2. deathgaze

I’m not getting my hopes up. Sonic Team seems chronically unable to innovate in it’s main franchise. I see no reason to change my expectations for this release just because it makes a feeble attempt to invoke nostalgia. Pass.

3. HeavyD-Love

^ Did you play the generations 2D demo? It was most enjoyable (and impressive) 2D sonic game i’ve played since originals. Not sure how the 3D stages will play though.

4. Ireland Michael

@3 There’s a demo out?

5. Prof.Dr.Moertel

@4 There was, but it was limited to 30 days or so.

6. HeavyD-Love

^ What he said.

I can tell you this. I liked how Sonic 4 HD looked, but the play control was terrible. Sonic Generations not only looks better than Sonic 4, but the play control was more true to the originals, less like 4.

I think they finally got the balance right with Generations and i’m gonna purchase day one, reviews or no reviews, based on the demo alone.

7. Ireland Michael

HOW DID I MISS THAT?! *cries*

8. StolenGlory

Yep, have to agree with @6, the Sonic Generations demo really was something special.

I might have to ‘Day One’ this myself too.

9. Gurdil

Day one for me too! Still no price for the CE?

@7 That’s a shame you missed it, the demo was really fun. I gave it a few tries cause there was this contest here on VG247. But I couldn’t get the best time.

10. DaMan

I think the whole reason why each Sonic iteration (with the exception of Adventure and a few parts of Unleashed) failed again and again was because they desperately tried to innovate…