Saints Row: The Third trailer takes the piss out of Tron

Monday, 12th September 2011 16:04 GMT By Johnny Cullen

THQ’s released a brand new Saints Row: The Third trailer, showing the Decker gang, headed up by Matt Miller. The trailer for the Volition action sequel then takes a sudden U-turn by ripping on Tron. This is too brilliant not to watch, so go do that now below the break.

Saints Row: The Third launches on November 15 in the US and November 18 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. StolenGlory

I’m sorry this just looks fucking excellent, whichever way you slice it.

2. NeoSquall

I’m SO buying this.

Also in b4 Kinzie Kensington and Shaundi star a catfight over the protagonist.

3. Yoshi

Saw this the other day it’ll no doubt be awesome in co-op :D +1 for 1:12 ;)

4. AHA-Lambda

lol thts amazing XD

5. YoungZer0

I’ll probably hate this part of the game.

6. Gurdil

WTF?!? Isn’t Saints Row supposed to be kind of like GTA or something? Don’t get me wrong, this trailer is very exciting but it just seems… well a bit too exciting to be honest! xD

7. LOLshock94

trons gay

8. Strange Sultan

i don’t know why but for some reason i think this game is going to suck.

9. minxamo

my god this looks incredible.

10. HauntaVirus

Looks like a blast, games are supposed to be fun!

11. Ireland Michael

That was… not what I was expecting from a Saint’s Row game.

I know the franchise never took itself too seriously, but this is clearly going all out, doing whatever the fuck they want to, and being as completely ridiculous as they can be.

It might just end up being not-shit after all, unlike the previous too.

12. Christopher Jack

I beg you Volition, please do not screw up this game, you’re making me want it more & more each time I see something stupid like this.

13. Talkar

Saints Row 2 wasn’t serious at all either, and that is why it was a completely awesome! x)

14. onlineatron

With all they’ve shown (VTOL, free-falling, TRON world), I hope Volition has kept a bunch of awesome stuff hidden. I want the game, bad, but feel as though I’ve seen far too much of it already!

15. Ireland Michael

@13 I never said it was serious. I just said it was shit. It’s humour was just retardedly puerile.

This at least seems to be doing it all with a little bit of class, and an even bigger dose of “not taking it seriously at all”, which is an impressive feat to say the least.

16. ultramega

lmao, wtf?

But seriously, I am looking forward to this, and with all the great games coming this fall, I won’t be able to get them all right away.