ArenaNet has designated the third week of September Asura Week, and each day it will be providing you something extra special regarding the diminutive, playable race in Guild Wars 2.
These gnome-like creatures, with their floppy ears, big eyes, and stubby digits are the mad scientists of Tyria, and with such vast intellect and the ability to control arcane forces, they are not a race to be trifled with.
To get you acquainted with the Asura, for the next five days, the developers will be adding lore, videos, blog posts, and new artwork pertaining to the masters of Golems and the Asura Gates on the ArenaNet blog.
So that you can mark your calenders, here is what you can expect between September 12 – 16:
- September 12 – An asura character design blog post by concept artist Matthew Barrett and a short story from Jeff Grubb.
- September 13 – An Asura environmental design blog post by Matthew Barrett as well as an advice column providing “smart Asura answers to stupid questions.”
- September 14 – Writing the Asura blog post by writer Angel McCoy, with audio examples of Asura chatter.
- September 15 – Asura animation blog post by lead animator Heron Prior, with video examples of animations; an update to the Asura web page with new lore by Jeff Grubb, new screenshots and wallpapers, and a new Asura feature video.
- September 16 – A narrative Asura blog post by Ree Soesbee exploriong the world of the Asura through fiction.
That’s not all though: we’ve got something special planned for you as well.
On Thursday, September 15, check the site for an exclusive interview with ArenaNet’s Jeff Grubb and Ree Sosbee, where we discuss with the developers everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the Asura, and the part these “natural philosophers of enlightenment” will play in Guild Wars 2.
We’ll also have some screenshots and video for you as well, so you’ll not want to miss out.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.