Football Manager 2012 gets October 21 UK release date

Monday, 12th September 2011 12:50 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sega’s confirmed today that Football Manager 2012 will release from October 21 in the UK. In addition, a demo of the game will launch before the game hits the stores, although no date was announced for that. There’s a blog from Sports Interactive boss Miles Jacobson detailing the changes for this year’s title here.

1. viralshag

I have missed the last couple editions so I think I might get back into it this year.

2. GrimRita

I purchased last years and will probably miss this years. I just wish, for a change, that they stop adding crap and actually fix what they have.

Trying to arrange transfers when you are a small club is simply a joke, and has been for a couple of years. Throw in those crappy agents and it makes for a poor experience.

Every year in the demo, I pray that a 18 year old who is on £50 a week at (insert name of club here)wont ask for £1000 a week when he moves to a non league club, such as mine.

But the match engine needs some work. I get so angry when a defender/player moves out of the way of the ball like he is scared, to ‘create’ space for the AI to score.. SORT IT OUT SI!

3. varsas

@2: You should be posting that on the SI forum so that they can address it.

4. G1GAHURTZ

^^

Are you serious??

People have been complaining about this sort of stuff for over a decade, and things still haven’t been fixed.

5. varsas

@4: I’ve stopped playing the PC versions of FM so I don’t know the success of that feedback loop but feedback on the mobile versions have lead directly to fixes in the patches.

If your point is a big ongoing issue that everyone complains about what’s SI’s response been on the forum?

6. G1GAHURTZ

I haven’t been to the forum for a couple of years, tbh.

Besides, does it really matter what they say if things don’t actually ever end up getting fixed?

7. varsas

I guess it depends on the response but I was enquiring to see if anyone had actually mentioned it and given clear feedback; I find it odd that such a big issue hasn’t been dealt with when SI have been so good with the mobile versions.

8. GrimRita

@7 They are aware of the problem but have done fuck all to fix it. Either they are too lazy, or they dont know how. Its a vital area of the game, especially when offering new contracts and players demand stupid salaries in the lower league.

My favourite one was someone on £500 a week and wanted a contract for £15,000 a week! I had to sell him because he would have just gone.

But on a positive note(shocker I know), some corners of the community have designed some great tools, especially the football kit creator and the FM Genie for scouting players.