It’s TGS week. That all you need to know. No it isn’t, but that’s the main gist anyway. Catch up in video and text form below the break.
- Featured Content: Brenna’s going to TGS. She’s pumped to the point she wants to tell you about it, hence why she’s written a preview of the week’s big events.We’re going big this week.
- Starbreeze’s Syndicate reboot is real. EA’s announced the full banana this morning with the Swedish studio following it leaking out at the weekend. It’s out early next year for PS3, 360 and PC.
- It’s official now: Respawn bosses Jason West and Vince Zampella will have their day in court against Activision from May 7, 2012. The pair were fired from Infinity Ward last year, but are now looking for unpaid royalties during Modern Warfare 2’s development and the IP rights.
- Tomasz Gop, the ex-producer of The Witcher II at CD Projekt, has hooked up with City Interactive to make a new RPG title for consoles and PC for a 2013 release, according to a report out of Poland on Friday.
- Speaking of The Witcher, CDP said that the second RPG installment, released earlier this year on PC, is “the beginning of much bigger events.” That sounds like a third game is within the realms of possible, then.
- Final Fantasy XIII-2’s release date is all but likely to be announced at TGS. Development on that has hit 90 percent complete.
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII is now in 100 percent full development. Thank Christ.
- You can play as a vampire in Skyrim. Todd Howard confirmed as much to G4’s X-Play on Saturday.
- EA’s dropped a Operation Guillotine teaser for Battlefield 3. You’re going to see more of it on Friday, but an NDA of what we seen from our DICE visit lifts on Thursday.
- The first Max Payne 3 trailer’s airing in two-and-a-half days.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution’s shipped 2 million units worldwide.
- Origin has had 4 million client installs since it began earlier this year, EA’s said. Third-party content for the service is also coming soon.
- Oopsie of the day: A Norwegian retailer’s broken the street release date of Gears of War 3 before its big release next Tuesday.
- Double Fine’s Trenched is getting renamed worldwide. Having previously been renamed for Europe, it’s now to be called Iron Brigade all over the shop.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.