Something of a quiet day today, for which I thank the gaming gods most profoundly. This trip isn’t planning itself, worst luck.
Tokyo Game Show 2011: The Cheap Seats Guide
Only while compiling this list did I realise just how screwed I am. HOORAY.
Let’s see, let’s see: passport, check. Laptop, check. Dictaphone, check. So many yen, check. Chargers, check. Ability to walk past famous Japanese devs without squealing like a schoolgirl: … where did I put that? Do I even have one?
Today’s header image is Beck. I want to like him a lot more than I do.
- Two new FIFA 12 videos demo skill moves, Football Club
I hope Pat does a video of the demo.
- Black Knight Sword trailer shows slice-and-dice gameplay
- EA headlined in US tax break report
Interesting that there’s no mention of Activision Blizzard. Go look up “Vivendi” on Wikipedia sometime.
- Persona 2: Innocent Sin advises on chatting up demons
“Can I buy you a drink?” “I don’t have a mouth. “Uh.”
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 90 percent done, release date reveal at TGS
I was so excited about Final Fantasy XIII, but somehow, in the interim, I’ve gone off the series.
- Bastion director: Player choice makes for richer, rewarding play
By all accounts it worked, too.
- Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney to appear at TGS
Must resist urge to cancel all appointments and attend.
- Hayes: Sega can’t rely on nostalgia and classic IP
Mike Hayes is a really interesting bloke. I always look forward to reading his interviews.
- Trenched to take Iron Brigade rename worldwide
In the days before the Internet, you could release games under different titles in every territory if you so pleased. Edit the shit out of ‘em, too. It made for a lot of headaches.
- Dragon Quest X’s playable races and story premise unveiled
I can’t type Dragon Quest correctly on first attempt. It always comes out “Draqon Guest”.
- Aonuma: Wii U tech will help Zelda “change and evolve”
So it’s kind of a shame the buying public apparently wants it to stay the same forever.
- It’s official: Syndicate coming in early 2012
Not the way it’s usually done. Either EA isn’t firing up the marketing train for this one – a concerning possibility for a number of reasons – or yesterday’s leak really threw it off its game..