Sat, Sep 10, 2011 | 22:07 BST
Saturday Shorts: Borderlands, Xperia, MineCon, EQ, Mega Man, sales
It’s that time again, only it’s Saturday.
- Borderlands has been updated on Steam with cloud saves and a beta stat-tracking feature.
- Minecraft’s new update has apparently leaked early, but Notch doesn’t seem too concerned about it.
- Check out these Smash Bros fatalities. Thanks, Lolshock94.
- Shane Bettenhausen has left UTV Ignition Entertainmentwhere he was director of PR and new business development. Best of luck to him.
- Those planning to attend MineCon attendees will receive codes for both Scrolls and Cobalt from Mojang.
- There’s audio up of a Mega Man duet featuring flue and guitar. It’s rather awesome.
- Dreamcast turned 12 in North America today.
- A video for EverQuest’s new zone from the Veil of Alaris expansion is live.
- Older gamers are apparently more likely to drop money in game cash shops to save time earning XP.
- The Final Fantasy Type-0 Collectors Pack in Japan is drop-dead gorgeous.
- Eurogamer has posted an interview with Alexander Gianturco, the leader of Eve Online’s Goonswarm Alliance, and Chairman of the player-elected Council of Stellar Management.
- Sony’s Xperia Play will receive exclusive content for AT&T customers on September 18 such as: Asphalt 6, Star Battalion, Madden NFL 11, The Sims 3, Crash Bandicoot and more.
- A proof of concept video, which took a “digital game and turned it into an entirely physical experience” called Teagueduino is through here.
- Lots of sales this weekend through here, here, here, and here.