Howard confirms that players can become vampires in Skyrim

Saturday, 10th September 2011 21:52 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Betheda’s Todd Howard has confirmed to G4 that players will be able to take on the role of a vampire in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

As in previous Elder Scrolls games, the malady will be contracted and if you can’t find a cure, you will not only become a bloodsucker, but it will completely change how you play the game.

As a vampire in the game, sunlight will harm you instead of making your skin sparkle as if thousands of tiny diamonds are embedded in it, thank God. However, as a vampire you will get a power boost, and feed upon the living as they slumber peacefully in their beds.

Watch the video of the vampire reveal with G4 below.

Skyrim is out on November 11.

1. Strange Sultan

“… instead of making your skin sparkle as if thousands of tiny diamonds are embedded in it …”

LMFAO

2. sithsylar

ohhh well it worked so well in oblivion…. In Oblivion i remember becoming a vampire no idea how i did it but it totally fucked up my character. I hated it…

3. Phoenixblight

Well there is ample time to get it fixed if you don’t want to then ignore getting the cure.

I am looking forward to this, will be an interesting game mechanic.

4. freedoms_stain

@2, if you fight a vampire in Oblivion you can contract the “disease” Porphyric Hemophilia, which if you don’t seek a cure for within 3 in-game days becomes permanent vampirism.

5. tontsa91

Now he only needs to confirm the possibility to kill children and I will be a happy man.

6. Phoenixblight

Keep dreaming. It will never happen.

7. Moonwalker1982

Very old news, this G4 guy acting like its a big new reveal, sigh.

8. OrbitMonkey

Umm this need to be able to kill child NPC’s. Is that something sad little dweebs ask for on the internet, to try to appear “hardcore”?

9. M. K.

Oh Steph, that was a good one :D! But now I’m sad that I got it :(

10. onlineatron

As long as vampirism still allows me to complete the game, and is a legit way to play. I’m with ‘sithsylar’; contracted the disease in Oblivion and just couldn’t stomach my character anymore.