Original Crysis arrives on PS3, X360 next month – first trailer

Friday, 9th September 2011 07:26 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The game which set the benchmark for high end PCs for years is finally coming to consoles.

Kotaku reports the original Crysis, which triggered a wave of PC upgrades with its demanding graphical requirements, will be released on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 October 4.

Four years after its PC release, Crysis launches next month with a handful of new tricks and features Crytek thought up in the meantime, such as revamped lighting.

GameTrailers has a trailer showing off the Xbox 360 version; check it out below.

Crysis holds a 91 Metacritic average, with its multiplatform sequel at 85.

1. StolenGlory

Next month? Cool! I really don’t have a PC capable of running this, so i’ll be looking forward to seeing how the console editions fare.

EDIT: Just finished watching the trailer and hot damn! It looks like it fares quite well indeed!

2. Maximum Payne

That actually look pretty good!
    LOL at ending:”now that would I like to see ” :D
    But then comes a question: is Crysis 2 really sell that good so they port first one ?
    and second one Is every thing going to be exactly like in first one like no stealth kill from Crysis 2 ?

3. The Juice707

Is this going to release as a full retail game? Seems like it would exceed the limits set for Xbox Live Arcade games.

I have Crysis Ultimate Edition for my PC, but it doesn’t run great so I stopped playing. I loved Crysis 2, so I’m definitely excited about finally getting to really play the first one.

4. bpcgos

I hope that its on par with its PC version in term of gameplay (freeroam of huge area with multiple approaches towards enemy). Only by that they will knew that we need more of something like this than something called Crysis 2 have been offered, because honestly, I think its the true sequel of crysis 2 that so much better in gameplay and graphic (on pc before patch at least) .

And for console exclusive gamer (who’ve miss this gem on PC):
    welcome to the jungle and wilderness of Crysis

Give your love toward this game rather than CRYSIS 2 so Crytek and EA knew that the sequel are just another POS that blame console as their excuse for their laziness to expand the gameplay of the 1st crysis (as a proof, we knew that DX : HR on console are able to do this too )

5. Fin

Hmm, I think this’d be too big to an XBLA release alright – might be a GoD release, but more likely a slightly lower priced retail (like Halo Anniversary).

6. manamana

Am I the only one who was extremely disappointed of Crysis2 (Console Version)?! It felt so dull, I hardly remember any interesting gameplay moment….

7. Blerk

Everyone seems to be saying it’s XBLA/PSN. Which would be a good move, I think.

Looks to hold up rather well in the trailer there!

8. StolenGlory

If this is indeed an XBLA release, I don’t *EVER* want to hear Runic bitching about how they can’t get Torchlight II on the platform because of memory restrictions.

The chumps.

*RAGE*

9. Jan

Did I just watch a trailer to watch a trailer? wtf?

10. Lounds

I remember running Crysis on P4, 1gb of ram and 8600gt(256mb) and I was able to run it on medium settings at 1280×1024 rez.

Consoles should easily be able to do the same and it still looks good.

11. JimFear-666

im not paying more than 15$ for this 4 years old game, even if its re-mastered.

12. Maximum Payne

@11 technically its a re-mastered port so even $60 is worth but I think price is going to be lower because I don’t think its going to have any MP…

13. StolenGlory

The only way that this will be worth a full price RRP is if they stick Warhead in with it IMHO.

14. Maximum Payne

@13 Hehe I forgot about Warhead I think they will ported later similar how Serious Sam first and second encounter was handled.

15. Gizkata

I’m more shocked that it’s coming next month. I hope it’s on disc really and comes with Warhead.

Even though playing them on PC it would be nice to go through both again on console.

16. Yoshi

@2 Obviously not, Crysis 2 was no where near as good as the first.

17. polygem

i´m definitely interested. didn´t finish the first one because i only had a gaming laptop back then in addition to my consoles and it wasn´t really fun to play this beast on it. all depends on pricing though. wont pay full price for it…also the timing is odd. i crave a good shooter right now- like today, this month, not next. it will release with blockbustrers like resistance 3, gears3, rage, bf3, mw3 etc…doubt many people will have some cash left to buy this too. hope they´ll make it about 15 euros. then i´m in…

18. Christopher Jack

Angry Erthazus post in 3..2..1…

19. TheBlackHole

This looked surprisingly good actually. Awesome, even.

I’ll be picking this up. Never played the original – My PC couldn’t handle it.

20. Fin

HAHAHA SHITTY-SUB HD CONSOLES ARE SO SHIT CAN’T EVEN RUN A 4-YEAR OLD PC GAME AT 1080P 60FPS LIKE MY GEFORCE 135139513 WITH 9246924GB RAM COD IS SO SHIT QUAKE 3 PHYSICS BF3 IS GOTY EVEN THOUGH I’VE NEVER PLAYED IT GO PLAY HALO CONSOLE FANBOYS
    BUT I’LL STILL BUY THIS AND PLAY FOR 500 HOURS

Am I doing it right?

21. Ireland Michael

@20 That was pretty flawless. Nice job.

22. StolenGlory

Am… dying… trying..to.. pick..up…ejected..rib..from..the..floor.

:D

23. M. K.

What the hell, this is Xbox 360 footage? Now I want to see real BF3 footage on 360 and laugh :D

24. StolenGlory

“Now I want to see real BF3 footage on 360 and laugh.”

You can’t.

It doesn’t exist.

;)

25. Erthazus

Ahaha. So they basically revamped the engine for a game so it can look more cartoonish. Cartoon style for Crysis with post processing effects is a hillarious thing.
    Just as i thought. Well, thats the only option they could do.
    They don’t even have grass at all in the game.

and it’s going to be interesting how much freedom console versions will have.

Also, it looks very bad compared to medium settings on the PC. There are no grass at all. Thats kinda strange when even on low settings you have grass (a bit crappy 2d, but still you have it at some point)

26. Fin

CLOSE ENOUGH

27. M. K.

Oh Erthazus, welcome back! What’s wrong, Modern Warfare 2 servers down?

28. StolenGlory

Regarding blades of grass; do you see this:

F-U-C-K

I don’t give one of those.

29. Gizkata

PR update here for you Brenna.

“September 9, 2011 – Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) and award-winning developer, Crytek GmbH, announced today that the critically-acclaimed Crysis® franchise will debut a new experience on Xbox LIVE® and PlayStation® Network. In October 2011, shooter fans will be able to download a modified and enhanced version of the award-winning single-player campaign from the original Crysis, remastered for console players using Crytek’s state-of-the-art CryENGINE®3 with all new lighting, effects and other visual optimizations. For just £15.99 SRP or 1600 Microsoft Points, gamers will download the most robust and exciting Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network game to date.

In 2007 and again in 2011, critics around the world hailed Crysis and Crysis 2 as titles that ushered in the next-generation of gaming with jaw-dropping visuals, industry leading technology and groundbreaking sandbox gameplay, featuring the super-powerful Nanosuit. Today, the original, award-winning 2007 single-player campaign has been remastered for Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network with optimized Nanosuit controls, fine-tuned combat and full stereoscopic 3D support.”

30. Fin

Sheeeeet, if it’s XBLA (not GoD) and 1600 points, I’ll have to go for that.