Fri, Sep 09, 2011 | 08:51 BST
BULLETCAST, September 9 – What you need to know now
Max Payne 3 gets dated at last, Dead Resistance Marine releases today and Crysis is finally confirmed for consoles, all of this as we approach Tokyo next week. Get the final Bulletcast before TGS week in video and text form below.
- Featured Content: A piece of left-over code from Dead Island was left in the PC dev build – which was accidentally released onto Steam earlier this week – that featured a skill called “Feminist Whore.” Here’s Steph’s original news story on it, but Brenna’s also taken a look at it and the issue of sexism in gaming in general here.
- Max Payne 3 is now confirmed for a March 2012 launch. Rockstar dropped the bomb yesterday after weeks of info teasing.
- The original Crysis has finally been announced for consoles. It’ll arrive on PS3 and 360 next month. I’ll say that again: next month.
- US sales have declined by 23 percent YoY, NPD said last night after releasing the numbers for August. Deus Ex was top of of the software charts, while PS3 and 3DS seen gains following their respective price-cuts in hardware.
- Sony’s confirmed what we’ve suspected since we spoke to WWS boss Shuhei Yoshida at gamescom: The Last Guardian won’t be at TGS.
- Square’s dropped details and a trailer of upcoming Deus Ex DLC, The Missing Link. Spoilers if you haven’t finished the game, so beware.
- Sony’s confirmed its TGS presser for this Wednesday, a day after Nintendo holds its 3DS event and a day before Shuhei Yoshida’s show keynote. This and the keynote will be heavy on Vita.
- Ubisoft’s removed the always-on DRM from From Dust. It’s also launching on PSN next week.
- Blizzard will have six releases from “proven properties” in the next three years, according to Activision COO Thom Tippl. This includes WoW expansions, remaining StarCraft II story arcs Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void and a Diablo III expansion by the end of 2014, but no mention of the next-gen MMO Titan.
- No Old Republic beta for you this weekend. BioWare’s confirmed that.
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning’s got over 20 minutes of footage online. Give that a look.
- Here’s some more videos: a RAGE co-op video, an F1 2011 co-op championship video, Need for Speed: The Run, TGS teasers of Street Fighter x Tekken, Hard Reset, an Uncharted 3 ad and Persona 4: The Ultimate.
- Here’s today’s big releases in the UK: Dead Island (PS3/360/PC), Resistance 3 (PS3), Warhammer 40k: Space Marine (PS3/360/PC), El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron (PS3/360), Rise of Nightmares (360 via Kinect) and Star Fox 64 3D (3DS)