Can it be? Is it really five o’clock? On Friday? Rock. On.
Dead Island’s “Feminist Whore”: The Tip of the Iceberg
I’m being very brave posting this, when I could write ten times as much and not cover all the things you need to know.
Actually, the end of the week is a bit frightening, as I naturally haven’t achieved as many things as I hope to, and there’s hardly any time left to do them in. I’m probably going to be two thirds of the way to Tokyo before I’m halfway organised.
I’m pretty excited about going to the TGS, not just because I’m a bit romantic about Japan and am keen to check it out myself, but also because it’s the first really big event coverage I’ve done where I’ve had free reign to produce as much content as I want – as opposed to having a freelance budget for a handful of articles, and have to pick and choose. I’m hoping to be able to deliver some really good stuff for you, my darlings.
Plus, post-TGS I’m taking a week’s holiday with the other half in Nara. My plans are pretty much all onsen, all the time. Baths forever!
Today’s header image is Everclear. Between the ages of eleven and sixteen they were kind of my favourite band, although the line up pictured here is vastly different from that of the time. They still have that core sound but it’s run through so much production now. In some ways that’s a good thing because, let’s face it, some of their songs sound pretty much identical. Generally the ones that sell best you shallow consumers.
- Japanese Charts – Grand Knights History knocks Monster Hunter down
Some of the art for this game is gorgeous. Not so much the bits with women in them.
- Dark Souls prologue trailer details the dragon’s downfall
This is perhaps my most anticipated game of the year.
- Definitely no zombies for Modern Warfare 3
Wasn’t expecting it personally – were you? Hmm.
- More mysterious Tekken x Street Fighter character teasers
One’s a girl. That’s as far as I got.
- From Dust PC DRM removed
That took far too long. Ubi could have mitigated the bad feeling with a quick solution.
- Need for Speed: The Run trailer shows off latest Porsche 911
When I was six, I wanted a Porsche with pop up headlights. it was my dream.
- The Last Guardian a TGS no-show
Not entirely unexpected. I hear things are a bit grim at Team Ico.
- Xbox Live banhammer hits DLC thieves
I really should see Thor before the Avengers hits. Yes, I need a nine month run up to get around to seeing a movie.
- Ubisoft finds success with casual, freemium
The world sure is changing.
- Tippl: Guitar Hero needed “nurturing and care” to survive
Like plants. You should talk to them.
- InFamous 2 patch brings new UGC options
I should have another fiddle with that game.
- California blackout troubles SOE servers
There are worse problems to have – there are health risks during heat waves for the very young and elderly.
- Crysis arrives on PS3, X360 in October
Surprising timing, but not a surprising result.
- Axed THQ studios were ‘not consistent with’ publisher’s strategy
THQ has made a lot of cuts, but at least it seems to have an idea beyond “if game no make money choppy chop”. Maybe not much comfort for those on the receiving end.