Sony TGS presser confirmed for Wednesday – details

Thursday, 8th September 2011 12:14 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sony’s confirmed that it’ll hold its Tokyo Game Show press conference this Wednesday, September 14.

The press conference will come a day after Nintendo’s planned 3DS event and just a day before Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida drops the show’s keynote.

Yoshida’s keynote is expected to announce specific details of the Japanese release of Vita this winter, as well as more details on its western launches next year.

The Sony presser will most likely be about the games, with a combo of 19 first and third-party Vita games confirmed for the entire show. Of course, PS3 will be there too.

A livestream of the press conference will also be provided for those who want to watch.

Last year’s show consisted of plenty of Move, PSP and 3D content, but the show was headlined by Gran Turismo 5, Last Guardian/Team ICO Collection and the game that would become Dark Souls, Project Dark. Get caught up on last year here.

Sony typically doesn’t allow western press in for its TGS presser, but Brenna Hillier will be at the Shuhei Yoshida keynote for us live.

1. Christopher Jack

Cuz Aussies aren’t Western :D

2. tenthousandgothsonacid

Give us a Last Guardian date please Sony :)

And when the fuck is Journey ever coming out ?

3. Johnny Cullen

I don’t think we’re going to see Last Guardian this year. I hope I’m wrong, I really do, but I just can’t see it happening.

4. Blerk

See it released or see it “at all”?

I’m wondering if it might end up being a Christmas 2012 game now.

5. KrazyKraut

I guess they will release it, when the PSPVita start weeks are over.

6. Ireland Michael

The Last Guardian is apparently a no show for this year.

Dammit Sony! >=(

7. Razor

Last year’s stream was awful.

The video quality was the worst I have ever seen in my life.

8. AHA-Lambda

@6 – i assume you mean no show, right?

Really tho sony imo have completely fucked up the handling of the last guardian’s release to almost GT5 levels, its inexcusable how badly they’ve dealt with it.

9. Ireland Michael

@8 True, but as Miyamoto famously put it: “A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”

10. AHA-Lambda

Very true but i cant say im excited for TLG anyway. I’ve never played SotC but Ico is probably the most overrated game i’ve ever played next to RDR.

11. tenthousandgothsonacid

@10 then why are you bothering to comment

Do you log on to recipe websites and next to a carrot cake recipe post “I fucking hate carrots” ?

To continue my earlier comment Sony have already said 2012 for tLG, I was just hoping for a release date

12. Ireland Michael

@11 Carrots aren’t quite as broad a topic as video games are. Just saying.

He’s entitled to his opinion, negative or otherwise.

I mean, I think he’s completely wrong – Ico is my favourite game of all time. But he’s still entitled to think what he wants, and say what he thinks.

13. Ireland Michael

Speaking of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus…

Game of the Year. EVERY YEAR!

14. tenthousandgothsonacid

@12 I didn’t say he wasn’t entitled to his opinion, I’m just questioning why he feels the need to express negative ones.