Thu, Sep 08, 2011 | 08:03 BST
AU News Wrap, September 8 – What happened today
Quick, quick, quick, I have an appointment with capitalist principals! Let’s get going!
The day I realised always-on DRM moaners have a point
If you think Pat’s had it tough, what about me? I have nobody to talk to about onions while he’s largely offline.
I am kind of embarrassed to be leaving the news desk this afternoon with such a pitiful showing, but the TGS is already kicking my arse. I think I’ve spent more time emailing and looking at spreadsheets in the last week than I have writing news – and certainly more than secondary considerations like, say, eating and sleeping. This is possibly the best problems to have in the whole world, aside from the one where beautiful people keep trying to give you money and romance you with delicious cake.
Today’s image is The Silent Comedy – I told you about them yesterday, yeah? I have a complaint regarding the Common Faults EP: it is too good. I keep making iTunes go back to it again.
- EA pleased with Online Pass, Sims Social
The better a traditional publisher performs on non-traditional platforms, the more likely they are to survive.
- Halo-related Mission Icefly ARG kicks back into action
Gum advertising mystery solved. Jessi and I are very excited about this.
- Disney confirms layoffs at Cars 2 developer
All the best to those effected.
- Rumour – Wii U hardware development troubled
This really sounds unlike Nintendo. It normally works very slowly and carefully.
- Dragon’s Dogma is a “strategy type of action” game
I am getting really keen on this. Capcom need to talk up the unusual aspects more.
- Harvest Moon series notches up 1 million sales in PAL territories
It’s never been the same since I discovered the hot springs trick.
- Sony boasts indexed software lead in console wars
This made my head hurt. I think it means Mortal Kombat sold 0.9 copies on Xbox 360 for every PlayStation 3 copy, maybe?
- A Game of Thrones: Genesis to release September 29
A large contingent of VG247 fantasy geeks are cursing their lack of strategic ability.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic launch modeled on World of Warcraft’s
Oh. I’d really hoped EA weren’t going to emulate the juggernaut so closely.
- Rumour – Dragon Quest X in development for six years
Hmm, the tweet’s gone, the Japanese blog report on it has gone… Interesting.
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations beta opens to all PSN members
I played to level ten, then forgot all about it. Multiplayer story of my life.
- PSA – Dead Island PC patch wipes save files
Good thing I haven’t started yet! And have the PS3 version!
- Thursday Shorts – Fruit Ninja, Skyrim box, Neverdead fibs
I don’t do these for the sake of my health you know. I do them for Johnny’s – he’d have some sort of heart attack looking at all of them.