Hard Reset demo live on Steam, other places

Wednesday, 7th September 2011 18:36 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A demo for Flying Wild Hog’s Hard Reset is slated for release later this month, and to get you pumped for it, the firm has released a demo. You can get it on Steam, GamersHell, and GameFront, and likely other places as well. If you decide to try it out, let us know what you thought.

1. AHA-Lambda

Downloading now, I’m curious to see what this is like. I don’t like painkiller but I do love cyberpunk and by damned we don’t get enough of that =/

2. _S_E_R_G_

not so pretty bad actually – just played demo.

3. nofear360

“slated for release”

What’s up with VG247 peeps today? Has the typofus struck again? First Johnneh, now Steph…

4. T_L_T

Shoot things… pretty graphics… fast pace… pre-ordered…

5. Edo

Played,loved,pre-ordered!!

6. thesamy

it got some flow that other games like this dont have and i like it.

7. HauntaVirus

Good game, I enjoyed the demo. I’ll pick this up for sure. PC exclusive=WIN.

8. Stephany Nunneley

@2 It’s like the word souls. You have to careful not to type “sould”. Thanks for pointing it out though, it’s fixed.

More on topic though: Glad to see everyone is saying good things about it. I will download it this evening and give it a go! :)

9. YoungZer0

I have to say i’m stunned. Didn’t think i’d like the game this much. I love the interfaces you encounter in the game. They don’t put you out of the game. You run past an upgrade computer and the crosshair becomes a cursor.

I thought i wouldn’t like the weapons, since the look so bulky, but that was before i knew that they had weapons in the weapons.

In other words you can mod your two main guns to have different fire-modes.

The game runs smooth as hell. Been a long, long, long, long time since i’ve seen a game this perfectly optimized for PC.

Feels like and oldschool game, a good oldschool game. And i’m not even a fan of oldschool fps.

10. viralshag

I played this last night and I have to say I tempted to add this to the ever growing list of games I need to buy before the end of the year.

I have to say I was a little confused as to what the story and world was like from the opening cutscene but maybe that’s just because I wasn’t paying enough attention.

11. YoungZer0

@10: I’m confused too. It’s a bit of a shame to be honest, i’d love the game to have a good story with good characters. At least they have the balls to show of the character having a smoke, unlike DX:HR.

12. viralshag

^ Yeah, I was with it up to the point they started talking about digitized personalities or something and then I didn’t really get why the city was the last attempt for why the machines are doing what they’re doing…

I really just didn’t get it :P

13. YoungZer0

@12: Half-Way through they remembered that they needed a reason to blow shit up.

14. YoungZer0

After playing it for the third time i’m actually sad they didn’t choose to make it an RPG or something. The design is superb and quite wasted on such a fast gameplay. I mean you don’t have to look up once, but if you do, you experience on hell of a beautiful vista.

Hope they do a game ala Prey 2 / DX next.

15. DSB

Man, how dare they shatter all of our preconcieved notions with such a well made demo.

I’m furious. The Polish have no shame! You don’t get to be good at stuff! You’re just that little place on the side of the road that people invade when they’re going to take Russia or Germany.

Curse you!

Really though, it plays awesomely great and properly righteous. Certainly a nice bone for the Painkiller crowd. Still, I can’t make myself run around killing robots. Slamming metal slugs into metal automatons is just too much like being a really brutal engineer for me to get excited about it.

16. viralshag

Also, if you didn’t try the shotgun upgrade… you totally should.