Wed, Sep 07, 2011 | 20:25 BST
EU News Wrap, September 7 – What happened today
Hello. I’ve decided from here on out to break my tradition of just sticking to games and have joined the ladies by going down the music route. Who likes Thom Yorke?
Can it be Tokyo Game Show yet? Seriously, I want it to be Tokyo Game Show naaaaow. Like, come on, is it Tokyo yet?
Bah, it isn’t. Here’s your news from European shift while I go wait for the next coupe of days to pass by and wait for Tokyo. Like, for friggin’ real dudes, waiting is killing me.
- RAGE system requirements are meaty
Might need a big rig for this.
- Cryptic drops F2P details for Star Trek Online
For those yet to make the jumo and are looking to do, you should probably read this.
- European testing on The Old Republic delayed by BioWare
But it will be localised into French and German ahead of the release of a new client this week.
- Ni No Kuni PS3 gets beautiful-looking new trailer
This is literally stunning. This needs to be localised asap.
- Sledgehammer’s canned Call of Duty effort “like Dead Space”
Bare in mind that Schofield did used to run Visceral until he left to form Sledgehammer with ex-Visceral alumni Michael Condery.
- Fergal Gara becomes Sony Computer Entertainment UK MD
It’s all change at SCE everywhere, it seems, not just in Japan.
- PSN to go offline from 5pm tomorrow evening
More work to be done, innit.
- Famitsu drops nine Vita titles in new issue
Half of them were already announced for the west!
- Blizzard “very close” to starting Diablo III public beta
- ESRB rates Devil May Cry 1-3 for PS3, 360
- Konami to livestream Kojima Productions event at TGS
It may go big, it may not. Watch anyways.
- First PES 2012 demo for 360 scrapped by Konami
But the second demo is still on, though.
- Activision: 500 developers working on Call of Duty
And that’s it. Back tomorrow.